FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: quantum energy pt  (Read 3302 times)

Muddvein

• If you don't brag about it who's gonna?
quantum energy pt
« on: Apr 12, 2004, 01:08 PM »
does anyone have the quantum energy pt yet? if so how is it? i'm looking to pick one up, but having a hard time with the price tag. don't get me wrong i don't have a problem paying that kind of money if it delivers! i'm just wondering how the instant antireverse performs. is there any backplay? i really hate it when you set the hook and your reel goes "clunk". i own a few older quantums that do just that. besides that one quirk all of my quantums have never let me down.if the energy really is better i've got to have it! thanx in advance for any input.
                                                               Muddvein,
                                                                                    aka icechipper
Muddvein

Trophy Hunter639

Re: quantum energy pt
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2004, 09:27 PM »
I got a Catalyst pt30 and it's rock solid so I would have to say that the energy would be too!

Muddvein

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2004, 09:26 AM »
well i had a chance to visit gander mountain the other day and they had the energy pt. once i got my hands on it i had to have it .just like trophy hunter said "rock solid". a bit pricey but you get what yo pay for. what more can i say,now my wife wants one too!

Muddvein
Muddvein

mongo

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2004, 06:39 PM »
Muddvein,
I have 4 PT baitcast reels and love them, I purchased the new PT-X metal this winter and have been using it for the past 3 weeks. I did notice one little problem with the drag, I had it tightened all the way down and line was still able to come off of the spool. I called the factory and they said to send it back and they would check it out and send a new one to me 48 hours after they get it back. The reel was sent out UPS today, lets see how they keep their promise.

Muddvein

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2004, 08:23 PM »
hey mongo let us know how it goes. with the money you spend on one of their reels i would hope their customer service is good.

Muddvein
Muddvein

mongo

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 08:58 PM »
Muddvein,
I sent the reel back to the factory with a copy of the reciept and a explanation of the problem. The factory rec'd the reel on thursday and late Monday afternoon I had the reel back to me by UPS. I will be checking the reel out this coming weekend. Customer service has been great so far.

mongo

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 11:10 AM »
Muddvein,
Called Quantum customer servise and the replacement rod was just shipped today, I should have the rod in a couple of days. I can say that the customer serv. department did good by me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.