MyFishFinder By Species > Perch

blue perch

<< < (2/3) > >>

JigAwhopper:
Did it glow in the dark???  :o .   It's pretty...........

icejohn:
actually it was not "pale", it was blue and was out of the water, on the ice, in my bucket and on the cutting board for quite a while.  if you note the pectoral fins and anal fins are a translucent/clear color and no resemblance of orange like your ordinary yellow perch, also it does have more bands in the body than an equivalent size yellow perch. i just thought it was neat and different

TroutFishingBear:

--- Quote from: icejohn on Apr 14, 2004, 05:06 PM ---actually it was not "pale", it was blue and was out of the water, on the ice, in my bucket and on the cutting board for quite a while.  if you note the pectoral fins and anal fins are a translucent/clear color and no resemblance of orange like your ordinary yellow perch, also it does have more bands in the body than an equivalent size yellow perch. i just thought it was neat and different

--- End quote ---

He's actually right. There is  such a species as blue perch it is just very rare.

seaweed01:
I have caught a few of the blue perch. I think (believe) that it is just a color
phase of a yellow perch.  What do you think RG, have you gotten any of them?   Are there any of you Biologist or Aquatic degree  people with an idea.

rgfixit:
I've caught them ( very few) in several local lakes and bays. They are definitely a different looking fish. I'd imagine it's a color phase of the yellow perch and occurs naturally as do black squirrels etc.

RG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version