FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: help with carp fishing  (Read 2779 times)

d3

help with carp fishing
« on: Mar 08, 2008, 05:58 PM »
I have only caught one of these copper sides in my life it was on a little pond and it was a blast.  My question is I am in RI and wondering when would be a good time to start fishing for these carp.  We just lost our ice and I know of a few ponds that have some giants in it and would love to get into some to break up the in between seasons.  Are they in deep water right now or shallow.  Are they in the spawning cycle. etc.  Any info would be great.  I see them in the rivers when I am trout fishing usually no bigger than 4-6 pounds though.  Any help in the right direction would be great I love the recipes that some of you guys have on this forum.

D3

reubenpa

Re: help with carp fishing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2008, 06:08 PM »
a buddy was feeding ducks and saw what was prolly a carp rising to get the bread and the ice isnt' totally off tht lake yet (although it never really got covered)  so start now!!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Hi, I'm RG.....I'm a "Carp-a-holic" ;D

I don't usually chase carp until the water temps reach 65 or so. I've taken many while fishing for cats in the early spring though. My hot weather passion is carp on the fly rod. That's a hoot!
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

JCaughtem

• Warning....These fish bite!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2008, 08:56 PM »
I have only caught one of these copper sides in my life it was on a little pond and it was a blast.  My question is I am in RI and wondering when would be a good time to start fishing for these carp.  We just lost our ice and I know of a few ponds that have some giants in it and would love to get into some to break up the in between seasons.  Are they in deep water right now or shallow.  Are they in the spawning cycle. etc.  Any info would be great.  I see them in the rivers when I am trout fishing usually no bigger than 4-6 pounds though.  Any help in the right direction would be great I love the recipes that some of you guys have on this forum.

D3
Bread about the size of a quarter flatend in your palm shape of a quater with sinkers about a ft in a half away even with ice on the water just chum them in with bread they are used to it from the ducks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.