FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: asian grass carp  (Read 3003 times)

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
asian grass carp
« on: Mar 30, 2008, 02:26 PM »
do they hit minnows? i had something on icefishing that i could not budge. (i had 4# test) i know they are in the lake, dec introduced them to control the weeds. these things are enormous! 40-50 inches in some cases. i see them when i troll for trout. they are illegal to posses, but i wonder if anyone caught them, and on what. ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

JCaughtem

• Warning....These fish bite!
Re: asian grass carp
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2008, 08:52 PM »
do they hit minnows? i had something on icefishing that i could not budge. (i had 4# test) i know they are in the lake, dec introduced them to control the weeds. these things are enormous! 40-50 inches in some cases. i see them when i troll for trout. they are illegal to posses, but i wonder if anyone caught them, and on what. ;D
I just looked them up online the best bait is cherry tomatoes w/ no sinker and floating french fries no reg carp bait and other plant chunks.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2008, 04:59 AM »
thanks jc. i see them all spring long, then i saw the pics here, and figured i'd ask. i grow sweet 100's every year, so i got bait! maybe the french fries would be better. it's illegal to keep them, so they would just get fatter! love that trans fat! ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

JCaughtem

• Warning....These fish bite!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2008, 11:51 AM »
thanks jc. i see them all spring long, then i saw the pics here, and figured i'd ask. i grow sweet 100's every year, so i got bait! maybe the french fries would be better. it's illegal to keep them, so they would just get fatter! love that trans fat! ;D
Cant wait to see the pics polarized sunglasses will be key.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.