FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Alpena area fishing  (Read 800 times)

sparty583

Alpena area fishing
« on: Apr 15, 2009, 09:01 PM »
Hey guys, i am going to be living in the alpena area starting in august and would like some help on areas to start fishing.

I like to target walleye and perch mostly but am open to anything really.

Any help or tips on where to start would be appreciated!

khaaxma

Re: Alpena area fishing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2009, 06:17 AM »
Good morning . . . you will have an abundance of good fishing opportunities in the Alpena area. Do you have a boat and if so, what size is it? Although I spend time on most of the lakes in the area, I spend a majority of my time out in Lake Huron chasing down the elusive walleyes. Long Lake, Hubbard Lake and Grand Lake will probably be your best choices for perch.
I am blessed to live in a location where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

sparty583

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2009, 05:40 PM »
It's possible that i will have a 16 foot aluminum boat there. What tactics work for the walleyes out there and are there perch out in Huron like there are in lake MI?

khaaxma

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2009, 08:27 PM »
It's possible that i will have a 16 foot aluminum boat there. What tactics work for the walleyes out there and are there perch out in Huron like there are in lake MI?
I think you mean Lake Huron . . . trolling (either long-lining or planer boards is the preferred method) method. You will have to pick your days with a 16' boat, but you should have ample opportunities to get out.
I am blessed to live in a location where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.