FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How bout them PENS? STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!!!!  (Read 22379 times)

Pajns

• Ya just GOTTA Love it!!!!
Re: How bout them PENS?????
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 11:56 AM »
Well its Do or Die for both teams. They are saying Gonchar might play. I think He does make a difference when He is in the lineup. Should be a good game.   LETS GO PENS!!!!!!
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught......JUST remember them being BIGGER!!

Pajns

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 09:29 PM »
My hats off to the Caps. They really made it a great series. Crosby Outscored and Out played Ovie. Now you can't spell Ovechkin without CHOKE.   WHO's NEXT??      LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!! 
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught......JUST remember them being BIGGER!!

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 08:22 AM »
Just so we're strait here, Crosby did NOT outscore Ovechkin in this series. Very impressive numbers by both. But the reason the Pens won was the supportting cast that Crosby had. They came through more for their tearm than the Caps did period. As far as Ovechkin choking, i dont think so. Guy had better numbers than Crosby in this series. What more could he possibly do? If anyone choked, it was his linemates...They didnt do the job they did in the regular season.

Ovechkin       Goals-8, Assists-6= 14 pts
Crosby          Goals-8, Assists-5= 13 pts

Now, hats off to the Pens, that was a great team game they played last night. And Fluery was up to the task. Very businesslike....Thats how you finish a series. Only beef i have is it took one game longer than i predicted. :D
Keep The Fish Pump Runin'!!!
Adam

Pajns

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 08:38 AM »
But when it mattered most, in Game 7 at Verizon Center, it was Crosby scoring a pair of goals and adding an assist as the Pens skated away with a dominating 6-2 victory.

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 11:10 AM »
I agree, but that doesnt mean that Ovechkin choked in this series or the game. The guy cant do it all himself. Incase you missed it, he did score a goal for his team in game 7. I think he's been a great playoff scorer for a young player with a grand total of 3 playoff series under his belt now.

Furthermore, hockeys a team sport. And without others helping you out, your not going anywhere. I dont care how good a certain player on your team is. Caps and their fans are probably figuing that out this morning. Not to mention a very dominant Varlamov had an uncharacteristic game. He definitely let in some soft goals that aided i the Pens victory.

If you think for one second the Pens can rely solely on Crosby's scoring, then they will without a doubt be eliminated in the next round. One guy dont win a game by himself. Congrats to the Pens for advancing to the ECF, but lets not make it out to be more than what it really is.
Adam

Pajns

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 11:24 AM »
Percentage of shot/goals

Post season:

Crosby- 21.8%
AO     - 12.2%
Malkin - 10% 

Regular season:

Crosby- 13.9%
AO     - 10.6%
Malkin - 12.1%

Pajns

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2009, 11:42 AM »

Stevens and Lemieux hold the two highest Penguin goal totals for the playoffs, 17 and 16 respectively, and that was in 4 rounds of play. Sid has 12 right now, whats that say about this guy? To boot, he back checks, cleans up his own end and leads in every way. Ovechkin on the other hand, even being down by 4, STILL camped on the blueline. God forbid if Geno catches fire. Don't get it twisted though, Geno quietly had two more points lastnight.

My point is Ovechkin is third at best. All those goals are nice to watch, but two way play wins the game, the series and hopefully the cup!

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2009, 04:45 PM »
Im not disputing that Crosbys not a great player, but what i am disputing that he is not the only reason that his team wins. It takes more than one man to win a hockey game. Take all the other goals away that his team scored and tell me where theyd be? Theyd be playing golf. But, to say that Alex choked in the series is a bit of an overstatement. He put the numbers up and helped his team significantly. If they got the goaltending that theyve been getting and the contributuions from others you can bet that game would have been allot tighter than it was. If you think for a second that Varlamov didnt let in some bad goals you better go watch that game again.

Now, when it comes to him being a complete player, i agree with you completely, he certainly is NOT. Thats why ive been arguing with Splash and others that Alex doesnt belong in the race for MVP. He's in there why, cause he has 243 hits and 56 goals...Only a +8 in the regular season scoring those 56 goals!!! What does that prove? It proves that he's a pure scoring power forward and isnt good defensively...which inturn means he is not a well rounded two way player. And to further prove he is not MVP material, he leads the league in giveaways and has a 25% face off percentatge which certainly does not help his team when his centerman gets tossed and he's forced to take a draw. But yet, he gets the votes...Total B.S. if you ask me.

Im not sticking up for Alex saying he's the best player in the league, but he certainly did not fail his team in these playoffs. He did allot to contribute, he just needs to work on his game to do more on the other side of the puck. Cant pin a 7 game series loss on one man. The better team prevailed.
Adam

Pajns

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2009, 04:55 PM »
The Caps will be a team to recon with next year. Ya learn from your mistakes and experience is something that can not be taught.

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2009, 05:21 PM »
I agree completely. You can bet Crosby, Malkin, Fluery and the remaining members of the Pens are better off after last years playoffs. They know what its gonna take to win now and leave it all out on the ice. Thats why teams filled with veterans are so hard to knock outta the playoffs.

Whoever the Pens play in the next round, it should make for some exciting hockey.
Adam

niagarajiggin

• Keep Your Rods Bent !!
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2009, 05:24 PM »
penguins taste like chicken  ;D
Keep Your Rods Bent !!!           
NYFOA Member
Master Forest Owner

Pajns

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2009, 05:36 PM »
 :laugh:   Everything taste like chicken.  :laugh: Good thing they didn't play like chickens!!!!!! :flex:

Pajns

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 06:17 AM »
Good game. Pens WIN 3-2. Looks like they are all going to be close games. Canes have NO quit in them.

niagarajiggin

• Keep Your Rods Bent !!
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 06:32 AM »
problem with playing the Pens in close games is they have way too many weapons flying at you from any direction.....I'm not a Pen fan but I gotta call 'em as I see 'em

GO SABRES !!.....er..I mean...GO GOLFING, SABRES !   :-\
Keep Your Rods Bent !!!           
NYFOA Member
Master Forest Owner

Pajns

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 01:50 PM »
Game 2 tonight. Hope its as good as the first with the same results  ;D. Bought a seat belt for my recliner cause them Pens keep ya on the edge. Don't wanna fall out the chair and hurt my casting arm......LOL      LETS'S GO PENS!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.