FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: RUBBER BAITS ?  (Read 19086 times)

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
Re: RUBBER BAITS ?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 06:37 PM »
only bodies of water that have a brook trout population(and only when its legal) ;D

SwedishPimple

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 06:41 PM »
dont worry we kill every bass we catch too!

Wow!  Even every striper out of the slot?

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 06:45 PM »
last time i checked brookies and stripers aren't in the same waters

BassProfessor

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 06:52 PM »
so..what we doing with "lead core" line? ???

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 06:54 PM »
i think its lead substitute now

SwedishPimple

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 06:58 PM »
last time i checked brookies and stripers aren't in the same waters

Your right, neiter are in the Saco River.....

smeltslayer

• Hammering fish and Ticking people off!!
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 07:31 PM »
dont worry we kill every bass we catch too!
We do the same. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Got to make a trip back up there in a month or so to get some more kill pics. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

THREECAR

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 08:09 PM »
It's a shame that this thread has turned into a bass guy vs. trout/salmon guy issue.  And some of the shots taken have been beyond this topic.  I don't have enough hydraulics on hand to address some of the crap thrown at the trout and salmon crew on this thread.  The soft plastic issue is not a slam on bass fishermen. It's a hazard to fresh water fishes in general.  Regardless of the target species, the use of these baits is becoming an issue that needs to be dealt with.  A thumbs up to the news agency that reported on it  8).

Easterly still sucks

smeltslayer

• Hammering fish and Ticking people off!!
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 08:28 PM »
It's a shame that this thread has turned into a bass guy vs. trout/salmon guy issue.  And some of the shots taken have been beyond this topic.  I don't have enough hydraulics on hand to address some of crap thrown at the trout and salmon crew on this thread.  The soft plastic issue is not a slam on bass fishermen. It's a hazard to fresh water fishes in general.  Regardless of the target species, the use of these baits is becoming an issue that needs to be dealt with.  A thumbs up to the news agency that reported on it  8).

I see this post heading that way after 8 or 10 posts. But your right it is something that needs to be dealt with!  >:( >:(

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 09:01 PM »
After seeing three of them undigested in that brown I caught, I sure hope they come up with something that is biodegradable. ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

gamefisher

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 04:58 AM »
gotta love the trout fanatics, they cry about pike, bass, and plastic baits, yet they kill every trout or salmon they catch. 

???  Not sure who you fish with H.H., but you are way off base on this one.  Yes some guys keep an eater or a bleeder but a LOT of fish get released..... on this board I've fished with Buddah, FLAG, Fool, Scotty, THREECAR, and Salmon Slayer and so far I've seen a total of ONE bleeder be kept for an older couple to consume. ;)

It's a shame that this thread has turned into a bass guy vs. trout/salmon guy issue.  And some of the shots taken have been beyond this topic.  I don't have enough hydraulics on hand to address some of the crap thrown at the trout and salmon crew on this thread.  The soft plastic issue is not a slam on bass fishermen. It's a hazard to fresh water fishes in general.  Regardless of the target species, the use of these baits is becoming an issue that needs to be dealt with.  A thumbs up to the news agency that reported on it  8).

Exactly the point I tried to make yesterday.....if you know there is something better out there for the fishery, why not use ???  It's not pitting salmon and trout guys against bass guys it's just the right thing to do.

Mainehazmt

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 06:09 AM »
I have no intention of giving up my plastic baits unless they are made illegal to use.  If that happens, I'll comply. I just ordered a bunch more last night.  ;D  There's an awful lot of other trash out there (discarded fishing line, rubber bands, etc.) that a part of the problem as well.   
hmmm anyone catch that reference   lol   the new secret   lol
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

Mainehazmt

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2009, 06:11 AM »
People find cigarette butts inside trout all the time, should the state make it illegal to smoke while fishing?
Quiet about that  cause it is prob some fool that is working on that   Just like the smoking in the car atv  law   pure BS
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2009, 06:39 AM »
I made this statement yesterday.  Several  posters have since  proven that the statement was correct.  It may not happen often, but I love it when I'm proven right.   Nice way to start the day.  ;D :tipup:

Some folks love S-13 because of the freedom it gives them to take as many bass as they want. 

gamefisher

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2009, 06:45 AM »
I made this statement yesterday.  Several  posters have since  proven that the statement was correct.  It may not happen often, but I love it when I'm proven right.   Nice way to start the day.  ;D :tipup:

Some folks love S-13 because of the freedom it gives them to take as many bass as they want. 

???  Not sure what you are "right" about Jim, these anglers are just executing the management plan laid out for them on s-13 waters by the experts on the subject, our state fisheries biology team...... I'm confused and it still doesn't address the harmful effects of rubber baits on the fishery.   :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.