FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cant catch em???  (Read 6926 times)

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
Cant catch em???
« on: May 16, 2009, 06:39 PM »
I go down to a local pond every few days.I have seen some monsters in here I'm talking 20 pounds plus. I see them jump fighting and just sitting near the surface. This past week i decided to begin to target them so i looked around on the internet and found bread worked good and chumming it helps bring them in. Boy was that a disaster the bread wouldnt stay on the hook for more then 5 seconds without falling off the carp wouldnt even touch the chum. then i found a few large worms put them on and caught a 13 inch perch no luck with the carp. Then i decided to go to dicks get serious buy carp bait went back to my spot carp werent jumping fighting etc anywhere on the lake like usual. all they were doing was sitting on the surface i put on rod on the bottom let it sit then had another one that i would cast away from the fish then reel it in near it so they could see it. No luck not a fish and its the eagle claw carp bait. Can some help me unlock Pandoras box and help me catch one. Any tips baits any info im brand new to this and almost clueless. Any help would be apperciated.   

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
Re: Cant catch em???
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 06:44 PM »
Ok, first off, settle down its a CARP! 2nd, get a bow and set it up for bow fishing. 3 buy some whole kernel canned corn; bunch of worms and look up dough balls on the net. Last but not least, get some beer, clear the schedule for the day and fish untill your heart or carp is content.  ;)

BBK

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Wheatie balls. Take a handfull of wheaties (yes the cereal) and crumble them until they go to crumbs. Then put a little bit of water in your hand and keep mixing until it gets firm. Use dime to quarter size pieces on a #6 treble. Carp and catfish LOVE it. Even caught a few goldfish on them.

camocrazy82

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 08:25 PM »
Goldfish?  ???

BBK

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 02:37 PM »
Goldfish?  ???

Had one over 3lbs. I've caught quite a few in the last few years.

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 07:40 PM »
I mean ive been out about 6 times for them and i cant get them to bite. But trust me there are plenty of them in there. Anyone have any advice on what I should do? I'm starting to think its the Eagle claw carp bait because the carp wont even hit it.

camocrazy82

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 08:36 PM »
You dont need a very big hook. Make sure your bait covers most of the hook, Im saying all but the point. Carp feel with there lips so dont use real heavey line and ALWAYS use a slip sinker with a SMALL split sot.

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 12:18 PM »
yeah ive been actually using a lindy rig and with the small hook of it the big eagle claw carp balls cover it right up.  To be honest though the bait brings them in they i normally see at least 5-8 carp in like a ten foot area of the bait they just wont go for it.

Pajns

• Ya just GOTTA Love it!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 12:22 PM »
Most of the Carp I have caught have been at night. Have you tried fishing for them then??
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught......JUST remember them being BIGGER!!

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 12:27 PM »
yesterday i fished from about 5 until my pond closed at 8. At about 7:45 my one rod i had out with the carp bait and a giant nightcrawler got a hit for the first time all day. Whatever it was kept playing with it and tapping it. I got a little excited and instead of waited for whatever it was to hook itself i tried to set it big mistake the carp bait was gone but the worm was there. I didnt see any of the carp bait float up in the water so maybe a carp took it. If it was a carp i would have expected it to just take it in one to two hits instead of the five or ten hits that i saw.

SHUTUPANDFISH!

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Corn meal balls with treble hook buried inside

camocrazy82

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 09:42 PM »
Is there heavy fishing pressure in this pond?

coho33

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 10:09 PM »
Find some strawberry dough bait and use a #8 treble hook .Make sure you cover the whole hook , and do not use any sinkers.We used to catch alot of them this way
HERE FISHY FISHY !!!!

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 01:03 PM »
camocrazy82  the carp population here is never touched and there is only about 2-8 people there a day and its about a one to two acre pond. I just have no clue what it is. I tell people sometimes when im there im fishing for carp and i just get laughed at for it then they ask to see my membership badge cause no member there fishes for anything but the trout.

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 04:25 PM »
finally caught one on sunday night. I will post a picture he wasnt a monster but still a solid fish and fun to catch. Only bummer was i wasnt paying attention to my rodes then i see my 7 ft ugly stick just about in the water ran over set the hook and about a few seconds later the hook broke that was a big carp only caught a glimpse of him. i felt like i was at the jersey shore hooking into a striper in the fall. the carp was pushing about 20 pounds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.