FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ?  (Read 6244 times)

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
?
« on: Jun 22, 2009, 06:36 PM »
i have only ever caught bullheads once, i was about 7 years old and we caught about 5 bullheads fishing from shore, i noticed that they will clamp onto your finger if you stick it in their mouths, but that's all i remember. what kind of stuff do you guys use? rigs? bait? anythings handy.

BBK

Re: ?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Here is what you need.

1 rod
1 reel
1 spool of line
1 hook
1 split shot
1 worm
1 beer

Put the reel on the rod, the line on the reel, the hook and split shot on the line, the worm on the hook, and the beer in your hand.

You have just learned the basics of bullhead fishing.

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Here is what you need.

1 spool of line
1 hook
1 split shot
1 worm
1 beer

Put the reel on the rod, the line on the reel, the hook and split shot on the line, the worm on the hook, and the beer in your hand.

You have just learned the basics of bullhead fishing.

No, No, No, You need as many rods are allowed, 10 pnd line on the reels just in case you get a channel or something big, med lite rods, PLENTY of hooks them guys like to swallow hooks, a tough thumb and index finger, (Pair of pliers) Bunch of worms pack all you can on a medium size eagle claw baitholder, a selection of split shot and or EGG SINKERS and DEFFINETLY MORE THAN 1 BEER!   ;D Dont forget small creeks....................... ;)

jolie

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2009, 02:24 PM »
No, No, No, You need as many rods are allowed, 10 pnd line on the reels just in case you get a channel or something big, med lite rods, PLENTY of hooks them guys like to swallow hooks, a tough thumb and index finger, (Pair of pliers) Bunch of worms pack all you can on a medium size eagle claw baitholder, a selection of split shot and or EGG SINKERS and DEFFINETLY MORE THAN 1 BEER!   ;D Dont forget small creeks....................... ;)

umm guys He's 7!

he's a little Young to be Beer drinking, ain't he!?

sheesh  :P

A week without fishing is like a day without sleeping

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2009, 03:00 PM »

umm guys He's 7!

he's a little Young to be Beer drinking, ain't he!?

sheesh  :P

Actually his bio says he's 17, still to young though ::)
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2009, 05:23 PM »
The best bullhead fishing is usually from dusk till full dark. I like to use a lighted bobber when I fish slack water to make strike detection easier. Anything insect is pretty good bait, but crawlers are tough to beat. Be careful of the pectoral spines (horns) because they can stick you a good one. As camocrazy posted, bring a good pliers and extra hooks because they can be a pain to unhook. If you have a head lamp and a good flashlight, bring them for sure.

Bullheads are fun to fish. If you get a 12'' fish, you will be pretty impressed with the battle.

Good luck!

niagarajiggin

• Keep Your Rods Bent !!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2009, 06:27 PM »
everyone is right - even the beer - unless you're underage of course ;)

add one of those little jingle bells to the tip

ding ding ding ....dinner's callin'

love the bell

anyway....now is not necessarily a good time to keep them for food though...they get a little mushy and dirty tasting when the water temp reaches 60 or better
Keep Your Rods Bent !!!           
NYFOA Member
Master Forest Owner

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2009, 09:17 PM »
Definitely fun to catch, but not necessarily good to eat. ;D They make good cutbait for catfish. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.