FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp Locations  (Read 4014 times)

Hellcat

Carp Locations
« on: Feb 24, 2010, 03:52 PM »
anyone wanna share some info on were carp like to hang out, like where in a lake and what type of lake carp tend to like best
Thanks

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
Re: Carp Locations
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Carp generally bottom feed in the summer months so fish the bottom obviously, worms or corn are your best bet. I've tried the dough balls but I have better luck with the old standby's. I don't fish lakes to often for carp as we have the Missouri River here so I like fishing it for carp.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Outdoorsmen

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2010, 08:49 PM »
I like corn myself. I take about a handfull and throw it out around the area that i'm fishing to chum the area. Then fill my hook and toss it right in the middle. Work for me.
EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE. FISH LIKE HELL, AND MAKE UP LIES

buzzbomb

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2010, 12:25 PM »
anyone wanna share some info on were carp like to hang out, like where in a lake and what type of lake carp tend to like best
Thanks
If I was you I'd pm that  EAD guy and see if he'll give you one of his spots.  He's in R.I. and he came up with some real pretty fish last year.
If you say the word "gullible" really slow, it sounds like "oranges".

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2010, 07:05 AM »
I forgot about EAD buzzbomb, he is definetly the man on carp knowledge. He has a thread on a hair rig he uses that looks really good, I'm giog to give it a lash this summer. Just go to the search page hellcat and type in carp for the topic and EAD for the user and all of his threads on carp will come up, he's got quite a few ;D
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.