FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gutabites  (Read 4577 times)

JDiperrio

Gutabites
« on: Apr 14, 2010, 09:57 PM »
I know alot of you guys were talking about the gutabites and how they dont make them anymore so I was thinking these past couple weeks on how to make  them. I know you can find them on ebay and other stores like it but they are 15-20 buck! that is crazy. Once  get this up and working If any of you guys are looking for them I will be making a set up nearly the same as the gutabites and will try to sell them locally and see how that goes and go from there. I got all the material this week and will hopefully have a prototype by this weekend. Im gonna call it flag up lol. Not sure on the price yet till I make the first one. Ill keep you guys updated and let you know how it goes. I should have one in working condition this sunday at the Chu to test it out.
Anyone with ideas on how to improve there old design shoot me a PM. I dont think they have a pat. on it so that shouldnt be a problem.  Ill also be making different color flags for them once I get t up and running. I think this idea might work out haha. Let me know what you think.
John
John

bmxrider11976

Re: Gutabites
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2010, 10:02 PM »
well if you dont make it exactly the same i dont think you ahve to worry aobut the patent stuff. id like to see some pics once you get a couple built. good luck
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

JDiperrio

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2010, 10:11 PM »
Thanks man. If my weekend fishing isnt to busy I will post up pictures of them in use sunday. My real plan is to make them in large amounts and have them sold to local bait stores and evenually all over the states. I might be dreaming but it is worth a shot. I will make sure the price stays under what the old ones are going for now.
John

butchy54

• Dead Trout Dont Rise
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2010, 10:30 PM »
You into the wine again dip :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:I hope you do make them I will buy some for Jiggy so he can hang them from a chain around his neck may be he can catch is tongue.Good Luck buddy hope you do it.    Art

JDiperrio

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2010, 10:35 PM »
haha no wine tonight I decided to take the rum we used in class today lol jk. Thanks Art Ill let you guys know how it is coming along I hope Ill have one made to bring to the gathering to show you guys on Sunday.
John

pikeking

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2010, 02:57 AM »
J-Dip,,, I told you NO DRINKING!!!

I'm calling your mommy...

Art you make me laugh every time I hear you talk about Jigger... I am coming out there on Sunday. I hope to see you for a little while. Come fishing with us at the CHU. I hope all is well with your dad.
IF FISHING WAS WORK, I\\\'D NEVER BE SICK!!!!!!!!

Burns

« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2010, 05:54 AM »
Thanks man. If my weekend fishing isnt to busy I will post up pictures of them in use sunday. My real plan is to make them in large amounts and have them sold to local bait stores and evenually all over the states. I might be dreaming but it is worth a shot. I will make sure the price stays under what the old ones are going for now.
Hey I have access to a whole sheetmetal shop.  I'm a sheet metal instructor and can make things in large quantities cheep (as long as it's educational  ;)) let me know!

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 15, 2010, 08:41 AM »
I know alot of you guys were talking about the gutabites and how they dont make them anymore so I was thinking these past couple weeks on how to make  them. I know you can find them on ebay and other stores like it but they are 15-20 buck! that is crazy. Once  get this up and working If any of you guys are looking for them I will be making a set up nearly the same as the gutabites and will try to sell them locally and see how that goes and go from there. I got all the material this week and will hopefully have a prototype by this weekend. Im gonna call it flag up lol. Not sure on the price yet till I make the first one. Ill keep you guys updated and let you know how it goes. I should have one in working condition this sunday at the Chu to test it out.
Anyone with ideas on how to improve there old design shoot me a PM. I dont think they have a pat. on it so that shouldnt be a problem.  Ill also be making different color flags for them once I get t up and running. I think this idea might work out haha. Let me know what you think.
John

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 15, 2010, 08:48 AM »
Jdip....sounds  like quite an undertakeing,  good luck Dicks buddy Butch Two.

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #9 on: Apr 15, 2010, 09:00 AM »
regarding patents..if an item is patented it usually will have the number on it.

i'll check mine tonite..$15..u got to be kidding! i paid about 89 cents 30 yrs ago..

burp

lenz
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

JDiperrio

« Reply #10 on: Apr 15, 2010, 09:02 AM »
Butch your on. I was telling Dick you should join the site since your always fishing with us. Good to have you on.  Thanks for the help Burns Ill keep you in mind.
John

JDiperrio

« Reply #11 on: Apr 15, 2010, 09:03 AM »
regarding patents..if an item is patented it usually will have the number on it.

i'll check mine tonite..$15..u got to be kidding! i paid about 89 cents 30 yrs ago..

burp

lenz

I know mine dont have a number on them.
John

Burns

« Reply #12 on: Apr 15, 2010, 10:42 AM »
Butch your on. I was telling Dick you should join the site since your always fishing with us. Good to have you on.  Thanks for the help Burns Ill keep you in mind.
I have a power shear, press break, plasma arc cutting table, name it i got it. You want stainless steel, Aluminum ..........can blank out hundreds in an hour

JDiperrio

« Reply #13 on: Apr 15, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Wow that is awesome Burns! I just bought an 8ft peice of aluminum to start with and the spring steel. I will definetly have the prototype done by this sunday to show you guys at the gathering and post pictures.
John

Burns

« Reply #14 on: Apr 15, 2010, 10:54 AM »
i have so many sheets of alum. i don't know what to do with it all couple hundred 3*8 sheets 4*8 sheets let me know. whats the thickness of the stuff u got?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.