FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 662938 times)

esox v

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #1756 on: Apr 01, 2011, 12:02 AM »
I do have to agree with Gamma... Now days..Most of the bands out there today SUCK.. But then again people now day could really care less because they don't really listen they just hear the music... And our society has turned into the cheap crap society... Same reason the Antiques business is on the down turn.. The up and coming generations think... Why buy this 100 year old dresser for three hundred buck with hand cut dove tail drawers... When I can get one that looks the same at wallmart for 100 bucks !!It's Made of particle board and I can just throw it away when I'm done with it.

My 7 year old just asked me yesterday to down load this on his I pod ..Gamma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJVr0vJK2rs&feature=related

Actually, the internet is killing the antique business. I have 2 customers that make there living dealing in antiques, and have also been explained how bad Ebay, craigs list,...etc. has turned it into a sleeper's market......and consumers don't really know how good the "piece" is until it's been paid for and delivered. Similar things are happening in my industry now also...For instance Tire rack.com , and all the other sites that give consumers an angle to research and buy a product with unskilled info. to back it up. They don't tell ya that product does not meet safety guidelines when sold in NYS. Or S&H charges, and how much it will cost to have it installed when ya recieve the product. Seen it multiple times...especially with catalytic converters. Install an "internet" purchased unit for a customer, and the check engine light is back on in 3 days....reason is, it was not manufactured to meet OBD2 guidelines. Pay now or pay later.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1757 on: Apr 01, 2011, 12:13 AM »
YA JOB ??? ??? ??? ??? how was work today Gamma  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :P

My Ol' buddy HT got ya on that one Mr.......And people say he doesn't got nads!!!!! ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1758 on: Apr 01, 2011, 12:22 AM »
Going back to my roots. For all ya "haters" that don't think I have culture.
This song always reminds me of how similar my dad and I are, but we never connected through my childhood. I was always the "black sheep" growing up, and dad never got it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1_Do_fc

Another well written tune. Does anyone know when and why Neil wrote this tune......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvb65dCMjZI&feature=related

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1759 on: Apr 01, 2011, 01:50 AM »
Going back to my roots. For all ya "haters" that don't think I have culture.
This song always reminds me of how similar my dad and I are, but we never connected through my childhood. I was always the "black sheep" growing up, and dad never got it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1_Do_fc

Another well written tune. Does anyone know when and why Neil wrote this tune......It was on the "Harvest" album in 1972 !   One of the best albums of all time !   Here's the details on why he wrote the sone :

The song was written for the caretaker of the Northern California Broken Arrow Ranch, which Young purchased for $350,000 in 1970. The song compares a young man's life to an old man's and shows that the young man has, to some extent, the same needs as the old one. James Taylor played six-string banjo (tuned like a guitar) and sang on the song, and Linda Ronstadt also contributed vocals. In the movie Heart of Gold, Young introduces the song as follows:
“    

About that time when I wrote (Heart of Gold), and I was touring, I had also -- just, you know, being a rich hippie for the first time -- I had purchased a ranch, and I still live there today. And there was a couple living on it that were the caretakers, an old gentleman named Louis Avala and his wife Clara. And there was this old blue Jeep there, and Louis took me for a ride in this blue Jeep. He gets me up there on the top side of the place, and there's this lake up there that fed all the pastures, and he says, "Well, tell me, how does a young man like yourself have enough money to buy a place like this?" And I said, "Well, just lucky, Louie, just real lucky." And he said, "Well, that's the darndest thing I ever heard." And I wrote this song for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvb65dCMjZI&feature=related
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch

« Reply #1760 on: Apr 01, 2011, 02:15 PM »
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

durfdog

« Reply #1761 on: Apr 01, 2011, 02:52 PM »
love me some bob marley to relax and fish

esox v

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #1763 on: Apr 01, 2011, 05:08 PM »
Actually, the internet is killing the antique business. I have 2 customers that make there living dealing in antiques, and have also been explained how bad Ebay, craigs list,...etc. has turned it into a sleeper's market......and consumers don't really know how good the "piece" is until it's been paid for and delivered. Similar things are happening in my industry now also...For instance Tire rack.com , and all the other sites that give consumers an angle to research and buy a product with unskilled info. to back it up. They don't tell ya that product does not meet safety guidelines when sold in NYS. Or S&H charges, and how much it will cost to have it installed when ya recieve the product. Seen it multiple times...especially with catalytic converters. Install an "internet" purchased unit for a customer, and the check engine light is back on in 3 days....reason is, it was not manufactured to meet OBD2 guidelines. Pay now or pay later.
  People aren't buying...and the up and coming generation could care less... The wall street big dogs and such would also buy Lot's of stuff like that for staging for there offices but they have cut way back...mainly because they don't want to be seen spending money.. My friend is a very large antiques dealer also..

esox v

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1765 on: Apr 02, 2011, 12:34 AM »
Not a fan of their music but this song, put to this video is priceless ! ;)

http://media.causes.com/576542?p_id=92681239
Plastics are Fantastic !

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1766 on: Apr 02, 2011, 01:13 PM »
fantastic post Gamma   :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

KingPerch

« Reply #1767 on: Apr 02, 2011, 05:45 PM »
About time you posted something worth while!!!! ;) Good stuff!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

esox v

« Reply #1769 on: Apr 02, 2011, 07:16 PM »
  Ziggy would sure make his old man proud !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zk0HFG5mDw

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.