FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 662821 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #2745 on: Oct 29, 2011, 01:42 AM »
Ibanez Roadseries 400.  Check out the 1957 Gibson SG

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2746 on: Oct 29, 2011, 01:46 AM »
LOOKY HERE !   This girl can play . :o :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clR9PInwDb4

Wicked....she made me look like a schmuck in the first 10 sec. :'(

Special Ed

« Reply #2747 on: Oct 29, 2011, 01:53 AM »
Ibanez Roadseries 400.  Check out the 1957 Gibson SG
That would be an Ibanez Roadstar II (400 series) and not to burst your bubble but Gibson didn't start making the SG until 61.   Still a cool guitar.   Check the first digit in the serial number.  If it's a 5 digit SN the first number denotes the year of manufacture.

That's a pretty cool looking Telecaster ya got there !

Special Ed

« Reply #2748 on: Oct 29, 2011, 01:54 AM »
Wicked....she made me look like a schmuck in the first 10 sec. :'(
Vicky makes everyone look like a schmuck !    Her style is incredible  :o

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2749 on: Oct 29, 2011, 02:30 AM »
That would be an Ibanez Roadstar II (400 series) and not to burst your bubble but Gibson didn't start making the SG until 61.   Still a cool guitar.   Check the first digit in the serial number.  If it's a 5 digit SN the first number denotes the year of manufacture.

That's a pretty cool looking Telecaster ya got there !

That's not a Telecaster smartie. That is a one piece Warmoth custom. They bought the patent rights from fender in the early eighties. All the inlays on that piece are hand carved and fitted with mother of pearl. Probably my favorite piece.

Here is the # on the Gibson....I have gotten a bunch of mixed comments regarding the year of the Gibson.

Special Ed

« Reply #2750 on: Oct 29, 2011, 02:48 AM »
That's not a Telecaster smartie. That is a one piece Warmoth custom. They bought the patent rights from fender in the early eighties. All the inlays on that piece are hand carved and fitted with mother of pearl. Probably my favorite piece.

Here is the # on the Gibson....I have gotten a bunch of mixed comments regarding the year of the Gibson.

SG's were hard to trace.  If yours has MADE IN USA stamped into the back of the headstock, it's a 1975.   If it doesn't, it's a 1968 or 69.
  Looks like it's been highly modified.   Restoring it to original would bring the value to $2000 to $3000 if it's a 68/69 model and about $1800 for a 75.
   That inlaid piece is wild !   Bet it sounds good with that mahogany body.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2751 on: Oct 29, 2011, 02:59 AM »
SG's were hard to trace.  If yours has MADE IN USA stamped into the back of the headstock, it's a 1975.   If it doesn't, it's a 1968 or 69.
  Looks like it's been highly modified.   Restoring it to original would bring the value to $2000 to $3000 if it's a 68/69 model and about $1800 for a 75.
   That inlaid piece is wild !   Bet it sounds good with that mahogany body.

Yes that Warmoth is the best sounding piece I own IMO. Good eye on the Mahogany body. I've been offered 18'000 for that Gibson already. It does have some mod's , but not that many. Also has the original case......ya know with the pink interior they did back then. ???

KingPerch

« Reply #2752 on: Oct 29, 2011, 08:26 AM »
No....not me, I dread acoustical music! ;) Only a portion of my collection here Mr.

Nice collection FM....you really need to DUST!!!!! LOL!! ;D--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2753 on: Oct 29, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Haha I already know nutshell and plush. Also Heaven beside you is a good tune to play on the flat top
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2754 on: Oct 29, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Alright heres most of my collection. I have one more guitar out to my brothers house. My room is trashed and its dark in there because I need to go grab some bulbs, so the pictures arent the best

Nevermind, the cheap yamaha thats scribbled all over. Let one of my drunk buddies draw on it one night. I didnt mind, it's my junker anyways

My olddd Univox.

The one I always play on. It is a Garrison acoustic electric. Gibson bought them out a few years back in 2007. They have 2 lines of guitars. Chinese ones (JUNK) and the Canadian ones. Mine is Canadian. The skeleton of it is a fiberglass rather than a tradtional wood bracing. It has a very deep warm sound to it. Also has nice fishman pick-ups in it too. I absolutely love the thing. Spend at least an hour a day on it, everday
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
« Reply #2755 on: Nov 03, 2011, 02:58 PM »
Excellent guitars, guys. 8)
I had an American made Fender strat, natural ash(natural woodgrain) w/single coil pick-ups. It sounded and looked great. Never got really good at playing it. Everytime I would practice, it would aggrivate the mother of my children :-\....which aggrivated me. >:( ....to the point of selling it a few years ago, to buy a gun that I wanted. ....No, I didn't use it(the gun) on her. :laugh:
But, I have to say...I regret selling that guitar. :( I shudda kept it, and found somewhere else to practice.

Here's a couple semi-accustical tunes with some piano from Zakk.
Hope it ain't too sappy for y'all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0-r8_uEdXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EScEQrGIWWI
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

BrookieSnatcher

BrookieSnatcher

esox v

« Reply #2758 on: Nov 04, 2011, 09:18 PM »
another thread got me thinking of this tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2mFDTTWqOU
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2759 on: Nov 04, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Nice collection FM....you really need to DUST!!!!! LOL!! ;D--KP 8)

Dusting is the wife's job KP.....Or atleast it was before the injury. I thought my daughter just might step up? Not so much, but I still love this misfit family of mine friends.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.