FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: how much horsepower?  (Read 8181 times)

Trophy Hunter639

how much horsepower?
« on: Jun 12, 2004, 03:30 PM »
I know Nascar is huge south of the border I was just wondering how much horsepower are they running? And how many cubes?

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Re: how much horsepower?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2004, 06:01 PM »
Nextel Cup cars pump out 750 HP. Funny thing is, I believe they are limited to a 348 CI engine. You wanna talk about big things coming in small packages...WOW!

-Zach

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2004, 07:58 PM »
AWESOME :o :o :o 8) 8) 8)

fastribs85

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2004, 11:44 AM »
depending on the track the turn roughly 750 to 800 they are getting closer to 800 since the new rules were changed the c.i.d is limited to 360 for all makes problem is when they run at talladega and daytona the only make 400 -450 depending on how big of a plate they use (plates are a 1/4" piece of metal with 4 holes drilled in it that is placed between the intake and the carb. used to reduce horspower andspeeds yet the still are running almost 200mph talk about fast and what i beautiful piece of machinery i have had the luck of being able to work on them in the shop and at the track if i could scan the pictures to my computer i would so you guys could see
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2004, 04:49 PM »
That would be sweet! 8) I'm just a Manitoba boy trying to learn more about it I got a lot of respect for the drivers and mechanics!

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2004, 07:06 PM »
Trophy Hunter
I have worked on a NASCAR Modified. Limited to a 358 CI Dry sump motor. As stated before the Nextel Cars are about 800 hp but horsepower on the big restrictor plate racetracks are limited because of the plate but the speed comes from the gears in the rear end thats why it takes at least 2 laps to get up to speed and why staying in the draft is so important. If you realy want to talk hp. and circle track cars take a look at a sprint car! 800 plus hp.for a car that weighs about 1,200 lbs its a lot of hp per pound of car as compared to a Nextel car that weighs close to 2500 lbs. the only diffrence is the size of the tracks that they run on. Their is a lot of ways to make HP and if you can eliminate friction and rotateing weight you are well on the way to get HP. And one other thing too HP doesnt always win a smart driver and a good setup will get more wins than HP.
Cold Feet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

fastribs85

« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2004, 10:55 PM »
hey feet thats true but if you want to talk about power and a setup here is this one went to one of the local dirt tracks New Egypt Speedway and one of the big block mods was so hooked up that coming out of turn 2 he had both front wheels off the ground and carried the left front all the way down the trioval on the back staright and into turn 3 and as he came out of 3 and trough 4 the left front was of fagain :o and that what me and my friends said

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2004, 10:27 AM »
Man I get all tingly and pumped up just thinking about that much power :o :o 8) 8)

fastribs85

« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2004, 09:59 PM »
i know cant wait gonna try and do that drive a nascar for a day deal  either dover or pocono havent decided yet but i think i might be able to turn some heads if i drive
no fear and will hold er wide open

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2004, 11:23 PM »
Hey Fastribs keep the hammer down and don't look back man 8)

fastribs85

« Reply #10 on: Jun 16, 2004, 11:19 PM »
dont worry i have the problem with keeping the hammer down as it is on my street car ever hear of a stock buick centry doing 110 open interstate in the middle of the night could see for miles was all clear but ill scare my friends and they drive sports cars one has a 1986 corvette and ive already almost had him wet his pants

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #11 on: Jun 16, 2004, 11:48 PM »
That reminds me of a buddy of mine he had a 95 camaro Z28 six speed with T-Tops he liked to take er up to 250km/h on the highway back from the beach two lane  :o That car was insane!We raced it all the time against anything that would race him.I could tell stories forever about that car ;D

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2004, 07:55 AM »
When my dad was younger, he was crazy as hell. One time he got busted doing 116 in his Dodge Challenger...at night! Oh yeah, did I mention that he got clocked when he was slowing down? :o It's a miracle that he wasn't killed before 20. The first 4 cars he ever owned he rolled! He finally started racing at Stafford Springs, Thompson Speedway, and the Waterford-New London Speedbowl (all paved tracks), which are all in Connecticut. He did pretty good until one night, when he was passing a car for the lead coming down the front straightaway, up high. They dove into the corner, the other car shot up, drilled my dad and got him airborn. He was pretty d**n sore, but that was nothing compared to what the car looked like. It was unrepairable, and they didn't have the money for a new car.

-Zach

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Jun 18, 2004, 09:24 AM »
hey fastribs85 was that Billy Pauch at New Egypt?
A 17 yr. old that is addicted already.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #14 on: Jun 18, 2004, 10:14 AM »
Hey Chen I love muscle cars 8) 8) 8) My Step-dad had a 70 chevelle SS with a 396 in er he said that car would roast em as long as he could hold er straight. He also had a 70 GTO 400 4 speed don't talk to him about that car though [he sold it :'(] My dream car would have to be a 70 LS6 454 chevelle SS or a Hemi Dart. 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.