FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Flashflood, Thunderstorm, Tornado Warning  (Read 2285 times)

slipperybob

Flashflood, Thunderstorm, Tornado Warning
« on: Jun 25, 2010, 09:45 PM »
It started with one loud boom a few houses down from our house and the shockwave resulted in the power going out.  Immediately following that a curtain of waterfall fell through the area.  Heaviest rain I've seen this year.   ;D  My two year old daughter got scared.  My boy thought it was fun to run around in the darkness.  Got the kerosene lantern up and running and soon both kids were running around.  Playing boom, thunder, boom, thunder, lighting, boom.  ;D  I fed them the rest of the ice cream not knowing when we were going to get powere again.  I was contemplating whether to cook the frozen pizza's on the outdoor grill, but not in the downpour.  ;D

Power is up again now.  The news report the exaggerated 3 feet flashflood.  Well maybe two feet can be accurate but three sounds more newsworthy.   I really didn't want to go check out the ditch down the road.  We've been having some crew working to put in some sewers but that's still a long ways off before completion.  My little car would easy just get stuck in the mud there.  :o
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: Flashflood, Thunderstorm, Tornado Warning
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2010, 10:48 PM »

Sounds like some good action, we haven't had any good storms yet this year, I'm jellious!!! >:(
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

slipperybob

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2010, 01:19 PM »
A few lighter thunderstorms came overnight.  The neighbor were having a party of some sort and they were lighting up fireworks to coincide with the thunder booming.   ;D  Ridiculous.  But that's what people do around this time of the year.

slipperybob

« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Hot and windy day, before news weather forcast of some thunderstorm.  It's the perfect weather for fishing before a storm.  The fishes were biting like a storm too.  I was catching a whole lot of fishes off of one ugly lure, Mepps Aglia Spinner #4 gold blade.  Had a 16" Largemouth Bass began the action.  Then a 24" Bowfin came out to play.  This was one of the most beautiful looking bowfin I've ever seen, light silvery green scales.  Well still had the mean bony looking head of a bowfin.  Well this one didn't bark at me.  Next another largemouth, but a smaller one at only 13" and jumped once.  Then I snagged into a bigfish, probably a carp.  Lots of them around, breaking the water surface here and there.  The hook unbuckled, would've been nice to see it.  A smallmouth bass jumped on the lure, and this one was a jumping one.  It jumpt three or four times, but it was a rather small fish and measured out at 10 inches.  After a while, I hooked into something big.  It really swam around and stayed underwater.  I thought it was a big dogfish, judging by the power and speed of the swim and it's ability to change direction frequently.  After a while, I got the fish to surface and saw it was a big catfish.  Well not that big, but it hit and ran like a freight train style.  This guy measured out to be 22" in length.  The final fish of this quick hour of fishing hit like a snagged lure on the bottom.  It wouldn't move for a few seconds, then I felt a pulse and tug and it was a fish.  After a while I was able to pull the fish and dragged hime out of the deep.   Saw that it was another Smallmouth Bass.  This one measure just a tad shy of 17 inches.  That was one high powered hour of fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.