FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084030 times)

fishingaddict

• Fishing is not an addiction, Its the CURE!
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #7545 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:31 AM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!
Fish fear me!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #7546 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:53 AM »
"20 POUNDS IN THE 2012 ROUND" gotta great ring to it Trap! ;) HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL !!--KP!! 8)

Back in 1996 through the winter of 1997 we had a 20lb. club here at the lodge, what a year, this year has some available, but it aint 96...I just want one, haven't got one since 2001.  Lost 2 so far since I started fishing on Halloween.., only thing keeping me fishing steelhead right now is the chance of a large one...

44 degrees with a stiff east wind right now, snows really melting today, creeks should move a bit this afternoon, maybe just enough to keep it at 900 a little while longer.

Happy News Years everybody!!!!!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lehigh vally

« Reply #7547 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Beautiful morning to be on the river warm temps and bright sun...cant ask for any more from the 2011 season its been a good one for me and from everyones comments about there seasons seems like every one is happy this year. Murray landed this nice late season co-ho. Got a few for ya from this morning  ;D

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #7548 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:30 AM »
latest that ive ever seen a coho. january wow

kowboy

« Reply #7549 on: Jan 01, 2012, 12:05 PM »
Just getting back from the river had to b home by noon so ranup fished and got back driving time was longer then fishing time, but it was an enjoyable morning. didnt land one again today but i batteled abig one for along time, what athrill that was. I really couldnt do anything with that one he just did what he wanted. It was abeautiful morning to b on the river

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #7550 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:33 PM »
adam  i  actually   caught  them  in front  of  the  old  weir   years  ago   toward  the  end  of  jan  ...  i  was  standing on  shevle  ice  and  it  broke  i  went  in  the  water  stood  up in     zero  weather   and  istant  ice  ....  my  nephew   got  me  to  the  truck  and     had  me  strip  got  a   blanket       and  rushed   me  to  oswego  hospital  .....  i  was  so  cold  all i  wanted  to  do  was  sleep  .....  when  i  started  to  warm  up  it  hurt  and  i  never  shivered  so  hard  in my  life  ............   

anyways     BECAREFUL   i  was  young    then  today  i'd   most likely  die  (thats  the  truth) 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

lehigh vally

« Reply #7551 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:28 PM »
Well, its Sunday night, the last night of my New Years trip and Ive had one He11 of a weak hear at AOL!! What a way to end a killer season, just unbelievable action on ever trip since September...not only has the fishing ben on fire this year, my skills behind the lens has to, the proof is in the picture's  ;D   Got a nice shot of the Jersey crew after an enjoyable day on the water, i also have some various shots from this afternoons trekking...Ill be taking the next month off  from fishing so ill see you in a few weeks, Enjoy!!    :rotflol:

kowboy

« Reply #7552 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:27 AM »
LV, u missed ur calling those pics and all of them u post our just magnificant, sorry to hear u wont b up till next month, maybe then we can catchup and tell stories of our trips

fishshack

« Reply #7553 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:19 AM »
Awesome pics as usual LV. Gotta agree with kowboy on the "missed your calling" . Thanks for posting them. 

lehigh vally

« Reply #7554 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:32 PM »
LV, u missed ur calling those pics and all of them u post our just magnificant, sorry to hear u wont b up till next month, maybe then we can catchup and tell stories of our trips
Thank you!!     Sounds good, I'm allways up for a little bench fishing   :rotflol:

lehigh vally

« Reply #7555 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:33 PM »
Awesome pics as usual LV. Gotta agree with kowboy on the "missed your calling" . Thanks for posting them. 
    ;D

fishingaddict

• Fishing is not an addiction, Its the CURE!
« Reply #7556 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:38 PM »
Fished the river today in the beautiful weather...  It came down in bursts..   Went 0-9  couldnt land a single one.  Did land half dead HO,  I think they are going to be there til October ;D
Fish fear me!

kowboy

« Reply #7557 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Ryan sorry couldnt go truck wasnt done till around 5pm and i was short 470 dollars lol

wiredstone

« Reply #7558 on: Jan 10, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Well, its Sunday night, the last night of my New Years trip and Ive had one He11 of a weak hear at AOL!! What a way to end a killer season, just unbelievable action on ever trip since September...not only has the fishing ben on fire this year, my skills behind the lens has to, the proof is in the picture's  ;D   Got a nice shot of the Jersey crew after an enjoyable day on the water, i also have some various shots from this afternoons trekking...Ill be taking the next month off  from fishing so ill see you in a few weeks, Enjoy!!    :rotflol:

LV awsome pics. Good calender pics. :clapping: Thinking of heading up Friday. Been on 3" of ice for 3 weeks. I think this weekend will be a wash out down here. Have not been steelie fishing in a long time.
wooo fish on. Never mind

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.