FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Corn on a hair rig.  (Read 10113 times)

arcticcatz

Corn on a hair rig.
« on: Apr 02, 2011, 09:00 AM »
Just a quick tip for you guys. You might already use it....
I have trouble keeping corn on a hair rig when river fishing in current. So I went out and got some gulp alive corn and use that as the piece that the hair rig stop is laying against. I only use one piece and the rest is standard can corn.
                                                              Ryan

arcticcatz

Re: Corn on a hair rig.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2011, 09:01 AM »
The gulp alive corn is alot harder that corn and it keeps the rest of the corn from slipping off of the rig.

slipperybob

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2011, 02:19 PM »
LOL's I use to keep that Exude Corn for that too, but I never got around to using it.  It was really marketed for trout fishing.  I carried it around for years and then finally tossed it out. 
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

buzzbomb

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2011, 08:22 AM »
I won a selection of plastic carp baits last year in a comp. on a carp fishing forum.  It includes fake floating and sinking corn but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.  Apparently pairing it with real sweetcorn or cooked whole corn is the way to go.   What I have done in the past to deal with canned corn slipping off the hair is use  1/3 of a yellow foam earplug against the stop.  It's easy to trim into a kernel shape, won't come off and it's easy to glug ahead of time in a pill bottle so you can use whatever attractant you want.  Getting the earplugs free at work doesn't hurt either.   ;)
If you say the word "gullible" really slow, it sounds like "oranges".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.