FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 5 pound brook trout - a dream come true!  (Read 22994 times)

wally13

Re: 5 pound brook trout - a dream come true!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 19, 2012, 11:25 PM »
NICE JOB WITH THE FISH WHAT WAS THE RECORD FOR A BROOKIE UP THERE YOU MAY HOLD THE RECORD WHAT A HOG SLOB  BROOKIE THAT BROOKIE IS TRUELY AMAZING GREAT CATCH

taxid

« Reply #31 on: Mar 20, 2012, 05:41 AM »
NICE JOB WITH THE FISH WHAT WAS THE RECORD FOR A BROOKIE UP THERE YOU MAY HOLD THE RECORD WHAT A HOG SLOB  BROOKIE THAT BROOKIE IS TRUELY AMAZING GREAT CATCH

That's a monster but I doubt it holds the record up there. Anybody?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

HydroGuy

« Reply #32 on: Mar 20, 2012, 10:14 AM »
Definitely the catch of a lifetime. That monster could eat the biggest brookie I've ever caught.

tbfisherman

• FISH SAFE FOR YOUR LOVED ONES
« Reply #33 on: Mar 20, 2012, 10:29 AM »
World Record Brook Trout was caught in the Nipigon River in Ontario Canada around 1916 before the river
was controlled by Hydro Dams and the fish was 14 lbs 15 oz.

By no means is a 5 lb Brookie these days not a Huge Rush and Congrads on a Fantastic Fish Trakndwg.

Bob

androwildfire

« Reply #34 on: Mar 20, 2012, 11:15 AM »
Great looking fish!

wally13

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2012, 01:20 AM »
nice brookie brook trout nice job

peddler

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2012, 05:04 AM »
I went to Labrador with 5 friends, flew out of Goose Bay to a place called Crooks Lake we were the only camp on the lake and a good sized river ran out of the lake. That's where we fished most of the time. The only fish there were Brookies and Northerns and it was barbless hooks only and we were only allowed to bring one fish home. We ended up with 5 Brookies that were almost identical 24" and 6#'s and one 5#er. Paul De Angelo mounted mine before he left for Alaska and one of my friends made a glass case with oak trim to sit atop a custom made oak bookcase that I have. As yours was that was my trip of a lifetime having dreampt of monster Brookies since reading Field & Stream when I was a young man. I also caught a monster Northern on a fly rod in the lake trolling a large streamer fly. Congratulations on the beautiful Brookie.

Peddler

ReelSilver

« Reply #37 on: Oct 14, 2012, 11:08 AM »
Wow, Reminds me of my fly in trip in the adirondacks back about 25 years ago.  only a 15-20 minute flight, but it put us in the middle of nowhere.  caught tons of brookies up to about 3 lbs, with 3 super fish around 4 lbs. we went in right after ice out and roughed it for 4 days. packed up to be picked up by plane around 3pm and nothing.  it was snowing to hard for the plane to fly over the mountains, so we paddled back across the lake and setup camp again.  Got picked up next morning.  The only problem was, the cold snap shut the fish down last 2 days there.  Twice, we woke up with 2 inches of snow on the ground!!  But, we had a great time

Thanks
Capt. Dave

taxid

« Reply #38 on: Oct 20, 2012, 03:14 AM »
I went to Labrador with 5 friends, flew out of Goose Bay to a place called Crooks Lake we were the only camp on the lake and a good sized river ran out of the lake. That's where we fished most of the time. The only fish there were Brookies and Northerns and it was barbless hooks only and we were only allowed to bring one fish home. We ended up with 5 Brookies that were almost identical 24" and 6#'s and one 5#er. Paul De Angelo mounted mine before he left for Alaska and one of my friends made a glass case with oak trim to sit atop a custom made oak bookcase that I have. As yours was that was my trip of a lifetime having dreampt of monster Brookies since reading Field & Stream when I was a young man. I also caught a monster Northern on a fly rod in the lake trolling a large streamer fly. Congratulations on the beautiful Brookie.

Peddler

Any possibility you could  post a picture of the mount in the glass case. Just like to look at other mounts as this is what I do for a living. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

wally13

« Reply #39 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:35 PM »
NICE POST LOVE CATCHING BROOKIES LOVE THE COLORS ON THE FISH

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #40 on: Mar 05, 2013, 09:20 AM »
Any possibility you could  post a picture of the mount in the glass case. Just like to look at other mounts as this is what I do for a living.  

Hey Taxid, this is the guy, paul deangelo.  He does some very good work, especially with salmonids.   His airbrush work is nothing short of spectacular.   I have three fish on the wall done by him.   Only thing I don't like is that with salmonids, he always tosses the real head and uses a fake.   Guess he really hates skinning trout and salmon heads....can't blame him  ;D

http://www.deangelofishart.com/

two steelies and a walleye done by deangelo

steelheadbum

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 01:10 PM »
wow! that is a true trophy. aside from the fish the adventure to get there and to achieve what you are there for is a trophy in its self.  Great job thanks for sharing

taxid

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2013, 08:45 PM »
Hey Taxid, this is the guy, paul deangelo.  He does some very good work, especially with salmonids.   His airbrush work is nothing short of spectacular.   I have three fish on the wall done by him.   Only thing I don't like is that with salmonids, he always tosses the real head and uses a fake.   Guess he really hates skinning trout and salmon heads....can't blame him  ;D

http://www.deangelofishart.com/

two steelies and a walleye done by deangelo

Where's the brookie in the glass case?

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 03:14 PM »
Eh, I've caught better..... IN MY DREAMS!!! What a nice fish, worth all that effort for sure!

taxid

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2013, 07:45 AM »
  Only thing I don't like is that with salmonids, he always tosses the real head and uses a fake.   Guess he really hates skinning trout and salmon heads....can't blame him  ;D

As a taxidermist that specializes in fish, I can tell you it's not really about "hating" the skinning of salmonid heads although skinning out the head of a fish is the most difficult part of skinning a fish.  It's about giving quality to the customer and to prevent getting a salmonid back from the customer in a year or two ozzing grease from the head.  Besides, if one uses the real head (which some taxidermists do) so much of the greasy cartilage has to be cut away and replaced with a filler you don't get much of the original head anyway. No shrinkage or distortion with a cast head either.

I only do this on trout and salmon. No problems with bass etc.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.