FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: She kicked my butt... AGAIN!  (Read 1376 times)

200fisher

She kicked my butt... AGAIN!
« on: Jul 30, 2011, 03:23 PM »
Well, not really....

While vacationing in Maine, Mrs. 200 and I fished aboard the Bunny Clark out of Ogunquit, ME. We fished the 10 hour Extreme Day Trip on Monday, July 25th. Conditions were near perfect- light winds, calm seas, and comfortable temperatures. Sallie was high hook on the boat :-*, with legal landings in the high teens, mostly tasty haddock. I could sense the haddock envy from the other anglers. All were caught on bait. I, on the other hand, fished a jig most of the day looking for Mr. Big. Nothing huge came aboard, but, ahem, I did manage to win the pool with a 14.5# pollock :thumbup_smilie:. I also had the biggest cod of the day at 12.25#. I had several other decent cod and pollock, a couple of haddock, and a nice wolf fish, which sadly had to be released. My legal landings had to have come close to Sallie's. All said and done, a successful and very enjoyable day on a great boat with a great crew and friendly patrons.

I spent some time during the week fishing for stripers around the mouth of the Ogunquit river, though I didn't really give it my best effort. I caught none >:(. Actually, I saw only one small striper caught all week.
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

kivva king

Re: She kicked my butt... AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2011, 06:02 PM »
sounds like a great trip to me!!!!! TOO many other sights on Ogunquit beach
to give fishing your undivided attention!! :laugh:  KK

BOULDERDASH

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2011, 09:15 PM »
you should be so lucky, please dont tell  me she can fillet her own fish.

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2011, 07:29 AM »
sounds like a great trip mike congrats. if your freezer gets to full you got my number. ;D ;D
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

lavaman

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2011, 08:03 AM »
bunny clark is a respectable company with a long history. great work. i bet your arms are soar

ricky riged

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2011, 09:36 AM »
sounds like a great day
your a lucky man to have a wife that will get out there with ya
my wife wont even consider it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.