FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Red Sox and Braves drop the ball  (Read 5462 times)

gotabig1

Red Sox and Braves drop the ball
« on: Sep 29, 2011, 03:47 AM »
The Red Sox and Braves both blow 9th inning leads, lose, and miss the playoffs. What happened? 

fishshack

Re: Red Sox and Braves drop the ball
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2011, 04:13 AM »
The Red Sox and Braves both blow 9th inning leads, lose, and miss the playoffs. What happened? 

Love it!!!  Sox have biggest choke in baseball history.

beantownfan

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2011, 07:24 AM »
I beg to differ biggest choke in baseball history goes to the yanks reverse sweep by the Sox but good luck in the playoffs anyway  :sleep1:

fishshack

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2011, 07:42 AM »
I beg to differ biggest choke in baseball history goes to the yanks reverse sweep by the Sox but good luck in the playoffs anyway  :sleep1:

Losing 4 games in a row is not even in the same universe as blowing a 9 game lead in less than a month.

ebour

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2011, 07:43 AM »
it is sad. we were one strike away. but how do the yankees blow a seven run lead?

Santo180

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2011, 08:11 AM »
As a Mets fan, I certainly know this kind of pain.

venisonman

« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2011, 08:13 AM »

All I know is......NATIONAL media is calling it the biggest choke in history!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

beantownfan

« Reply #7 on: Sep 29, 2011, 08:27 AM »
It is what it is as they say. The Sox have no one to blame but themselves oh well as I have heard many times in the past we will get em next year.....

ship of fools

« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2011, 10:21 AM »
I am a Yankee fan  ;D

but i will say in my opinion it is much more of a choke to be up 3 games to 0 in the ALCS and have a lead in the 9th inning of game 4 ..... AND THEN LOSE THE SERIES  :o

the sox have the injury excuse etc.....   the Yankess just plain old choked to lose that type of lead .... the one thing in that series no one ever mentioned was Jon Olerud going out with injuries for the Yankees...   i think if they had his bat they would have won one more

And......     now that the sox are done .... did i mention ... NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.