FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414136 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #30 on: Mar 16, 2012, 03:48 AM »
Great reports gents. Nice to see everyone having success. Time for me to go up North a bit now that walleye is closed, get a few more lessons from the river boys....to continue teaching me that aspect of angling. Never too proud to learn from the seasoned vets. Also not one of those guys looking for a back pocket handout on fish either. LOTS OF GOOD MENTORS HERE, AND ALSO PLENTY OF PEOPLE WAITING FOR SUCCESS REPORTS, JUST SO THEY CAN JUMP IN THERE WAKE AND GOBBLE UP WHATS LEFT OF NUMEROUS HOURS OF TRIAL AND ERROR.....PLENTY OF 0 NIGHTS, THEN WHEN SUCCESS HITS.....EVERYONE WANTS TO BE YOUR FRIEND. GETS OLD DOESN'T IT GUYS?

Special Ed

« Reply #31 on: Mar 16, 2012, 04:42 AM »
Great reports gents. Nice to see everyone having success. Time for me to go up North a bit now that walleye is closed, get a few more lessons from the river boys....to continue teaching me that aspect of angling. Never too proud to learn from the seasoned vets. Also not one of those guys looking for a back pocket handout on fish either. LOTS OF GOOD MENTORS HERE, AND ALSO PLENTY OF PEOPLE WAITING FOR SUCCESS REPORTS, JUST SO THEY CAN JUMP IN THERE WAKE AND GOBBLE UP WHATS LEFT OF NUMEROUS HOURS OF TRIAL AND ERROR.....PLENTY OF 0 NIGHTS, THEN WHEN SUCCESS HITS.....EVERYONE WANTS TO BE YOUR FRIEND. GETS OLD DOESN'T IT GUYS?
Gotta love those people that suddenly blow up your phone as soon as they find out that you caught some fish and then they stick to you like glue until you put them on fish.   Worst part is that they NEVER offer any first hand info or offer  to pick you up and take you fishing at one of their good spots.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #32 on: Mar 16, 2012, 04:50 AM »
nice job with the eyes guys. reeleyz you did a day for the books with the browns and the eyes in one day. great stuff right there 8)

filetandrelease

« Reply #33 on: Mar 16, 2012, 04:51 AM »

Just stupid silly numbers tonight .... I saw well over 200 wallys landed tonight , did easily my PB 47 and my bud did 34 . Way to end the season guys  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Fished the canal this morning / early afternoon , must have just missed you Snagg did 1 there .

nice job guys , so how many hrs did you fish DD , wish i could have come but it was a tough day ,guess i need to get the boat out
nice job reeleyz thats really doing it right there congrats to your mom also

reeleyz

« Reply #34 on: Mar 16, 2012, 05:10 AM »

Just stupid silly numbers tonight .... I saw well over 200 wallys landed tonight , did easily my PB 47 and my bud did 34 . Way to end the season guys  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Fished the canal this morning / early afternoon , must have just missed you Snagg did 1 there .

Awesome numbers DD!  :clapping:

Imagine if there was another week left in the season? They would have taken a beating.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #35 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:05 AM »
nice job guys !!! I had to work last night :cursing:. time for some perchin !! they should be turning on very soon.   later...

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #36 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:25 AM »
nice job guys , so how many hrs did you fish DD , wish i could have come but it was a tough day ,guess i need to get the boat out
nice job reeleyz thats really doing it right there congrats to your mom also
I got there at 9 fished till 12 , I could have gotten to 100 if the season stayed open past 12 last night , they were suicidal  ;D ;D ;D

icecutter2

« Reply #37 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:32 AM »
I got there at 9 fished till 12 , I could have gotten to 100 if the season stayed open past 12 last night , they were suicidal  ;D ;D ;D
Nice meeting you yesterday Ed, and congrats on the pounding you gave them :o Reeleyz, what year was it that you went out and didn't get a limit ??? :bowdown: Great job all and a nice end to the season

drowndin dots

« Reply #38 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:37 AM »

Pleasure was all mine .... I fished all morning for a big fat nada but my patience was rewarded ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #39 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:42 AM »
  Went to the canal today around 3pm and fished til 7pm, steady pick at the eyes all afternoon, I put 14 on the cement and dumped a pile more, great weather day, felt like old times fishing with my best friend Lam baste em, he lived up to his name...he lambasted them, he was beating me 11 to 7 when we went in different directions... Fished the last hour with fishinaddict and his son...good times...  he smashed em as well....Jigged 5/8 oz bucktails aggressively, brown and orange first, then switched to black and purple tipped with plastic.. I see my buddy Dave has alot of people switched over to plastics, 12 yrs I been fishin the canal, first time I've ever seen anyone but us using it.... ;D

Few pics....

Dave with a bomb..

about a 5lber I let go..

Ryan and his son..

Me and Dave Jigging..

A limit of smaller males, threw bag alot of large females to get to these later...

Good job guys!! and little guy!! :thumbup_smilie: Had rods and gear in the truck, work went longer than expected!! Oh well.....hit 'em in May!!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

drowndin dots

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #41 on: Mar 16, 2012, 08:18 AM »
Way to go... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

timdog

« Reply #42 on: Mar 16, 2012, 08:42 AM »
   Very Impressive reports fellas!!! I couldn't make it out because of work and family stuff, but I  sent a friend there. He and a buddy  beat em up pretty good for about 3 hours...  FM,  after I manage to get a couple of good Crappie outings under my belt,  maybe we'll hook up and fish drop-backs with the float rod. I've got a couple of new custom colored beads I want to  try out.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #43 on: Mar 16, 2012, 08:59 AM »

You did those numbers at the Sylvan beach canal DD ?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #44 on: Mar 16, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Gotta love those people that suddenly blow up your phone as soon as they find out that you caught some fish and then they stick to you like glue until you put them on fish.   Worst part is that they NEVER offer any first hand info or offer  to pick you up and take you fishing at one of their good spots.

I get ride offers out on the ice all the time by people I've never met before, tons of info given back about there homewaters in return for a few tips on Oneida that I share. I usually find my own fish, but its very nice of them to offer...I'm not saying blow up a little spot or anything by any means, but you can plainly see where I was fishing yesterday, its no secret, I helped out a few guys down there and some kids as well....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.