FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NHl. Who need's it?  (Read 11491 times)

BJ

Re: NHl. Who need's it?
« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2004, 08:58 PM »
I felt the same way when they closed the Boston Gardens. An old,dirty place that I seen many a bruins/celtics/concerts at. But the memories from the Garden will stay with me for life.Lots of great memories and sports. Those memories will stay with me forever,especially the times at the Garden with my dad and my friends.

Fisher50

« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2005, 07:06 PM »
So, what kind of changes do you think will take place?  I suspect they will be out at least a full season, or quite possibly more.  Hockey does not belong in Southern states.  It is too regional.  Canada, and the Northern US.  I'll bet there will not be more than 18 to 20 teams come back.  There is just not enough TV money to support it.  In the NFL, TV pays enough for the total team payroll.  In Hockey, not even a good start.  Hockey relies almost totally on gate receipts, and there is not enough money to pay current salary structure.  I am totally on the side of a salary cap.  The owners offer is much more than fair.  Players are foolish, if they think they can continue to be paid as they are now.  TV does not need Hockey, at all.  I would not be surprised if bowling on ESPN (I saw it was on today) drew as big a share as Hockey would, if you look at national numbers.  Even the Stanley Cup games do not draw decent numbers.  There are lots of diehard fans, I am one, but not nearly enough to support the league as they have it. 

Let's talk about it.
"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

iceice

• FISH HARD
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2006, 08:30 PM »
Right on Mac Sabres RULE!
2005 17FT LUND MR PIKE                                                                                       
 90hp MERCURY OPTIMAX
WALKER DOWNRIGGERS
JUST ADD WATER!!!

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2006, 10:49 AM »
Right on Mac Sabres RULE!

Not in the last two games.

Sigh!

Mac

Or 5, lets hope they are taking a rest for the playoffs, DAM ottawa hope chara gets run hard he is the glue to that team!
Internet heros give it a rest!

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #19 on: Jun 28, 2006, 06:46 PM »
after being without hockey for a year then the year sabres had this year i couldn't live without it. i love my sabres
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

Chucker

« Reply #20 on: Jun 28, 2006, 07:47 PM »
Have you seen the Geico commercial with Sabretooth yet?

blaque

« Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2006, 07:14 AM »
For real chucker? I havent heard of that one

Chucker

« Reply #22 on: Jun 29, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Like, fer real.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.