FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: best mono--fishing line???  (Read 12596 times)

bayonne

Re: best mono--fishing line???
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2004, 09:22 PM »
ande all the way 10 lb cat on 4lb test  and big blue fish on 10 lb made me a permenent ande user

genz_man

« Reply #31 on: Jul 08, 2004, 06:41 AM »
I prefer Stren magnathin as opposed to its main competition trilene sensithin. I used to use the sensithin but had much better luck with the magna thin. I used to use berkley ultrathin that they switched to sensithin which I think is total garbage cause they changed the formula I believe. Big game by trilene reminds me of xt and may actually be the same thing. I do not like big game line at all. Too many problems with it. I switch up to power pro when I want braided line in the 2-10 test. ;D

buzzbomb

« Reply #32 on: Jul 08, 2004, 08:05 AM »
I use Silver Thread or Trilene XL in 6# for walleye and for ice fishing and XT or Berkley Big Game in 12 - 15 for carp.  Canadian Tire has spools of Big Game 15# ....900yds for $12 Can.  What's that in U.S.$   Free?

Jigwiggler

« Reply #33 on: Jul 08, 2004, 01:29 PM »
I use Silver Thread or Trilene XL in 6# for walleye and for ice fishing and XT or Berkley Big Game in 12 - 15 for carp.  Canadian Tire has spools of Big Game 15# ....900yds for $12 Can.  What's that in U.S.$   Free?

I found some Big Game at my local Wallyworld for $4.59  :o for a 1/4 lb. spool (1500 yards of 10lb and 900 of 15lb.).  Needless to say, I stocked up.  ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Polar

« Reply #34 on: Aug 06, 2004, 06:37 PM »
I like stren original in 8 lb test.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #35 on: Aug 22, 2004, 02:22 PM »

I am also impressed so far with the Spiderwire Super Mono.  I tried it on a friends rod last week and liked what I saw.  Good handling, castibility and strength, I will be trying it on one of my own rods soon to research further.

I used to use it for river trout. It had good knot strength and was just plain strong line. It also had good sensitivity. It didn't cast as far as certain line, though, but it was still good. Too bad they don't sell it around here anymore like they used to!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.