FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fort Quappelle  (Read 14166 times)

Roughrider44

Re: Fort Quappelle
« Reply #15 on: Jun 03, 2012, 01:43 AM »
I'll bite and start posting instead of lurking since your putting fourth such a valiant effort to generate discussion Big Burk :P I often icefish the quapelle chains and love it. I've hit up Pasqua a couple times this year just fishing from a buddies dock (Dads a little slow getting the boat "ready" as per usual). But me and the girlfriend made it out to Pasqua last Wednesday and had good success; caught 12 Walleye, nothing massive but some good eaters, 4 Jack, and a nice 13" perch. We hope to make it out again tomorrow/today, I'm currently working in Manitoba on a rig (recent geologist grad) so gotta take advantage of any days off I get and hit up the lake.

Kind of off topic but where my rig is located is just walking distance from the Assiniboine River, anyone ever fished the river/how does the angling license work? If I'm on the Manitoba side (just barely), because its a shared waterway do I need a Manitoba fishing license or is my Sask License valid.

Big Burk

« Reply #16 on: Jun 03, 2012, 04:47 PM »
I know when fishing lake of the prairies if you want to fish the sask side you need a sask license and when you go to the manitoba side you need a manitoban license. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I am almost positive that this applies to all other waterways that border a different province

GreenBones

« Reply #17 on: Jun 03, 2012, 11:22 PM »
On page 8 of the 2012 Sask Fishing Guide it states that either Sask. or Manitoba fishing licences are valid for Lake of the Prairies. You do not require both licences.

Roughrider44

« Reply #18 on: Jun 04, 2012, 12:15 AM »
I've fished lake of the prairies with only a Sask license and was told that was just fine but had to use barbless hooks. I'm just unsure about the Assiniboine but to be safe might as way call. Side note made it out today to Pasqua.

Very windy day got into  10 Jacks and 9 walleye, one beauty 28" walleye which an online calculator said was 8lbs yet my girlfriends cheap spring scale said 4lbs. Felt heavier then 4lbs so was surprised by her scales reading but the online calc. Said 8lbs which is double the scale weight. Obviously girth plays a role on weight but in your opinion what's a 28" walleye typically weigh? I don't trust that garbage 5 dollar scale but don't want to be pulling peoples legs saying it was a legit 8lb haha are these online calculators typically accurate or a good representation?

buzzbomb

« Reply #19 on: Jun 04, 2012, 05:18 AM »
There‘s always a little give or take with measurement charts, but I think a 4 pound walleye is usually about 22“. 
If you say the word "gullible" really slow, it sounds like "oranges".

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #20 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:13 PM »
Hi Roughrider44,
I would say you were accurate in your assessment of your walleye's weight, nice fish.  :)

I have never found those spring scales to be too accurate, they are usually quite stiff. :P

WW

Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

SWC21

« Reply #21 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:19 PM »
length x length x length, divide by 2700 for walleye and 3500 for pike. 28"x 28 x 28 / 2700= 8.13 lbs.

ive used this calculation for years its scary how close it comes to a digital scale. if the fish looks normal and healthy this formula is pretty acurate.

p.s. throw out your spring scale lol they are garbage!

SWC21

« Reply #22 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:20 PM »
roughrider44 that is a nice walleye, any pics?

Roughrider44

« Reply #23 on: Jun 05, 2012, 12:33 AM »
Yup snapped a few pics gotta monkey around on here and figure out how to upload. Thanks for the replys, I was pretty shocked when I finally got it in and it was a big walleye, thought for sure it was a jack. Was a good day overall, took out my girlfriends sister and her nephew for their first time fishing so they wanted pictures with the fish and enjoyed themselves

Roughrider44

« Reply #24 on: Jun 05, 2012, 01:28 AM »
Got lazy and decided to put them on Photobucket hopefully it worked. I did end up keeping the fish, I normally like to throw back walleye bigger than 5lbs but I had it hooked fairly deep,  promised the little nephew a fish fry, and the excitement of the new fisherman/woman wanted pictures so the fish got handled fairly rough (as you can see by the grass on it)  so figured it would be s waste should the fish not make it. Little guy is the nephew, his mom is the brunette,  my girlfriend the blonde and I'm the goofy looking one.

http://m1165.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/roughrider44/utf-8BSU1BRzA0NDYuanBn.jpg.html?o=2

Big Burk

« Reply #25 on: Jun 06, 2012, 11:50 PM »
Went out today on the river in my small boat and hammered the walleye. Heading out again in morning

walleyeslayer1978

• Fish Fear Me
« Reply #26 on: Jun 09, 2012, 12:07 PM »
On page 8 of the 2012 Sask Fishing Guide it states that either Sask. or Manitoba fishing licences are valid for Lake of the Prairies. You do not require both licences.

You need a manitoba licence to fish downstream of the dam though.

Big Burk

« Reply #27 on: Jun 09, 2012, 02:32 PM »
Went out last night from 6 till midnight and was a slower night but still managed to find rhe walleye.

Big Burk

« Reply #28 on: Jun 11, 2012, 12:01 AM »
Had a great day on the lake today, hammered the pike and walleye, biggest walleyes were 5lbs &6lbs.

Roughrider44

« Reply #29 on: Jun 12, 2012, 02:02 AM »
Sounds like a good day, I'm hoping we're done drilling this well early this morning and may get out and see how the fish are on Pasqua. Likely no boat again so will have to try the buddies dock/river. How deep were the fish when you were getting into them Big Burk?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.