FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fort Quappelle  (Read 14165 times)

Big Burk

Re: Fort Quappelle
« Reply #30 on: Jun 12, 2012, 02:21 AM »
Was catching the walleye jigging and trolling in 12-32ft of water.  Pasqua has been good this year but have had to cover a lot of water to find them, normal hotspots haven't been producing as good as past years but it should pick up in next few weeks.

Roughrider44

« Reply #31 on: Jun 12, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Well my options are limited fishing from shore but have had decent luck so far hopefully it all works out.

Big Burk

« Reply #32 on: Jun 13, 2012, 01:34 PM »
Well went out this morning and to start the morning off, the battery for the boat had enough juice to fire the 65hp mercury once and then barely had enough juice to run fish finder. So instead of loading boat up and driving the ten min home I toughed it out by using just my 4.5hp kicker to move around. Didnt make it to my choice spots but hit some back up areas close to boat launch. Was catching walleye and pike pretty steady with the longest time between hits being 5 min. Might head back out tonight or tomorrow either on the lake or on the river. 

cowboy_1990

« Reply #33 on: Jun 13, 2012, 04:52 PM »
Hey guys has anyone been to Round Lake in the Quappelle chain this year?  I'm heading there for the weekend and am itching to hopefully get into some walters.  Any advice or water conditions would be appreciated!  Thanks.

Big Burk

« Reply #34 on: Jun 19, 2012, 01:08 AM »
Made it out today and fishing slowed down from last week but I can't say the fishing was bad. Went out after 4 and stayed out till almost 10 and managed to catch a couple dozen pike,  a dozen walleye and a couple perch. Gonna head out again a few times later this week.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #35 on: Jun 19, 2012, 01:49 AM »
Hi Big Burk,
Great fishing you have been having, keep it up. :)

I was wondering how deep it the Qu'Appelle River on average?
By looking at it flowing through the Fort there it's hard to tell for sure. :-\

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Big Burk

« Reply #36 on: Jun 19, 2012, 08:34 AM »
On average with normal water levels it is between 4-8ft depending where you are on the river. I will only take small boats on there as I have seen a few props destroyed by people trying to push it with larger boats  :P

Water Wolf

« Reply #37 on: Jun 24, 2012, 01:02 AM »
I see, thanks for the info Big Burk. :)

WW

Big Burk

« Reply #38 on: Jun 24, 2012, 06:52 PM »
Had a good afternoon on the river, caught nothing but walleye.

Big Burk

« Reply #39 on: Jun 27, 2012, 12:05 PM »
Went out on the river yesterday morning and then again in the evening, walleyes were hitting good and got a couple nice 4-5lbers. Fishing was great right before the storm hit last night then the bushing in the prop decided to let go when we were making our way back to truck. Ended up soaking wet and pulling the boat up the side of a pretty steep sloap with a tow strap hooked to the truck during the storm. Was a good day but prop couldn't of let go at a different time

Water Wolf

« Reply #40 on: Jun 28, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Good to hear that your still nailing them Big Burk.
Those are nice sized walleyes. :)

I am convinced "Murphy" was fisherman. ::)

WW

Big Burk

« Reply #41 on: Jul 01, 2012, 12:45 AM »
Well was a beautiful day on the water, we didn't catch huge numbers but got quality fish. We got on the lake around 4pm and after taking my son for a little boat ride we started fishing and first fish of the day was a nice 5.5lb walleye and followed by 3 dink walleye and 4 walleye 2-4lb range. Then took my son back to cabin and took my youngest brother out with us. Almost as soon as we start fishing my girlfriend hooked into her pb walleye weighing in at just over 7lbs, we then caught 9 walleyes in the 1-4lb range and 3 perch. Forgot the net in the truck and because of this I lost the biggest pike I have ever seen come out of these lakes (would of been trophy on tobin!), I didn't get a good grip on him and with one last shake he slipped out of my hands and broke the line. I am hating myself for saying we shoudnt need the net today and should of went and got it after the two nice walleye. Pike would of been around or over the 30lb mark no lie, but didn't get it in boat so only me, my girlfriend and brother will ever truely believe the size of this hog.  I am seriously debating on fishing the tourny in fort qu'appelle this year with size and numbers we have been catching it may be worth a shot.

My 5.5lb walleye

Girlfriend's 7lb walleye

cowboy_1990

« Reply #42 on: Jul 19, 2012, 08:13 AM »
Nice looking fish there Big Burk!  Keep it up man.  I'm taking my girlfriend down to Fort Qu'Appelle after work today and was thinking of fishing the river between Echo and Pasqua, any updates on the bite there?  What kind of bait and lures is everyone using in there?  We will be fishing from shore and I would like to get into some walleye and perch hopefully!

Thanks everyone.

Roughrider44

« Reply #43 on: Jul 22, 2012, 11:01 AM »
I've been busy with work but did get out again last week and fishing in the river was slow for us. Early season was very good and all I was using was a perch lead head with a light yellow/green sparkly twin tail tipped with a crawler. I let the current take some line and sloooow retrieved. The slow retrieve and letting out some line seemed key because the people to my right I hooked up with my same setup because they weren't getting much action, but they didn't follow my retrieve advice and so.still ended up skunked. I didn't wanna seem like a know it all because I'm far from it so just let them cast and retrieve as they pleased hoping they would catch on to what we were doing to get them.

After the river we tried the hatchery and had some good success with perch and small walleye, all we were doing was tossing pickeral rigs, brother also got a surprise 15 lb carp. But good luck hope you find some.

cowboy_1990

« Reply #44 on: Jul 30, 2012, 12:00 PM »
Got out to Echo on Thursday evening, started fishing aroud 6:30 and fished until about 9:30.  Started out at the river on the East side of the highway, North side of the river. Lots of carp flipping their tales close to shore and jumping but I didn't even get a bite and neither did the 3 other guys fishing there.  Headed over to the hatchery and fished there from about 7:45 to 9:30 and only managed one tiny pickerel that went back.  I was using a white lead head with a yellow/green sparkly mister twister double tail with a crawler and dragging it along the bottom.  Also tried a pickerel rig, small spoon, and wild eye small perch with no luck.  Water was pretty green when it was calm...cleared up a bit when a boat would come by and make waves.  I also noticed that the water level is way down since I was at the hatchery in June.  Planning on trying Regina Beach today hopefully have better luck there!  Thanks for your info Roughrider44 but no perch for me this time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.