FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fort Quappelle  (Read 14164 times)

cowboy_1990

Re: Fort Quappelle
« Reply #45 on: Aug 01, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Any updates on the 4 lakes around Fort Qu'Appelle?  Going to try Echo tomorrow and the river b/n Echo and Pasqua again.  Heard that later in the evening towards sun down the walleye start biting in the river, anyone have any insight on that?  I will report back when I get a chance...

Thanks

Roughrider44

« Reply #46 on: Aug 01, 2012, 09:38 PM »
I was out yesterday and was fishing off a buddies dock on pasqua, all I managed there was 1 carp, 1 jack, 1 perch, 3 walleye. Towards the evening I went out to echo and fished where a bunch of ropes lead down to some rocks. The fishing picked up later and managed to get into more walleye however nothing of notable size. I haven't been back to the river for a while so have no Intel there.

cowboy_1990

« Reply #47 on: Aug 01, 2012, 10:07 PM »
Thanks for your reply! Is that place with the ropes on the south side of echo at that roadside turnout between hatchery and campgrounds?

Roughrider44

« Reply #48 on: Aug 02, 2012, 12:24 AM »
Yup that's the place was tossing pickeral rigs with minnows and worms both seemed to work. The bite picked up around 7:30, like I said lots of small ones and the bite was fairly light. I had similar success at the hatchery with perch mixed in. I usually just choose the location with less people  :P

cowboy_1990

« Reply #49 on: Aug 02, 2012, 08:41 AM »
Great news, hopefully we can pull some in today!  I have fished the hatchery a couple times this year and only caught a few walleye, what were you catching the perch on there?  I am new to these lakes this year but will be fishing them as much as i can in the coming years...so thanks for any of your valuable knowledge!  Much appreciated guys.

Roughrider44

« Reply #50 on: Aug 02, 2012, 08:53 PM »
I was getting perch on smaller minnows and worms on a smaller hooked perch rig or just on a normal pickeral rig with a worm. Lazy fishing just tossing the rigs out and waiting for the bites, giving the rig a little jig now and then.

cowboy_1990

« Reply #51 on: Aug 07, 2012, 08:57 AM »
Got rained out before we left for Echo last week, ended up in the bar instead  :laugh: hopefully get out this week and try for some eaters!  Thanks for all the info Roughrider44.  Anyone get out over the weekend?

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #52 on: Aug 09, 2012, 11:21 PM »
I was in the Fort Qu'Appelle area for an hour just before dark on Sunday {Aug.5th}. I shore fished  in the river on the E side of Echo.

There were a few fish jumping in the river so I cast my bait to one of them and not a minuet later had a bite.
It turned out to be a small, but feisty, carp a few lbs in weight. :)

I was going to take a photo of it, but it jumped out of my hands and back into the river before I got the chance,lol. :w00t:

That was the only bite the time I was there.
It seemed that other anglers down from me did not have any action either.

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Big Burk

« Reply #53 on: Aug 13, 2012, 11:55 AM »
Anybody have any reports from those who have been fishing by boat? Have not even wet a line since canada day weekend (new record for me...) Have been to busy with yard work and other things that have had to take priority... Planning on getting the boat back in the water this weekend but have been thinking of headin to marean lake if the fishing hasn't been great. Any input would be great

cowboy_1990

« Reply #54 on: Aug 17, 2012, 12:11 AM »
Hey Big Burk did you get your boat out lately?  I am taking the gf fishing this weekend and I'm trying to decide where to go.  Fishing from shore so my expectations are low but hopefully Echo is producing this weekend!

Thanks!

Roughrider44

« Reply #55 on: Aug 18, 2012, 04:29 AM »
The girlfriend and I made it out to pasqua/echo today for some shore fishing. Didn't catch a single walleye or pike, the water had the nastiest green slime over the surface but it would get blown out and a second patch would later blow in. We did catch some fish but 7 were carp... Up until this year I rarely caught carp now everytime I go out I'm catching multiples. It's a good thing I got braided line cause those fish fight pretty good and a few have been pushing 20 pounds I'm sure. We also caught several perch but couldn't get the walleye to bite.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #56 on: Jun 17, 2013, 04:09 PM »
Hi guys,
Hows the shore fishing been at the Fort Qu'Appelle Lake or in the river this season?

Have any of you tried the around Round Lake or the river in that area?
If so, any catfish?

I hope I can try for cats once at least this season.
They look like they would be a neat one to catch. :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

badguy218

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2014, 07:32 AM »
Has anybody havin any luck on these lakes yet

Roughrider44

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2014, 06:27 PM »
I am heading out tomorrow not sure where to try, Haven't fished these lakes this early so not sure what the typical pattern of the walter are. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.