FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What is it with you Alaska boy's?  (Read 6177 times)

DIRTBALL2

What is it with you Alaska boy's?
« on: Jul 22, 2012, 09:47 AM »
Doesn't anybody up there go fishing in the summertime? There is always quite a bit of activity on IS, but very little on MFF. Having spent a fair amount of time in Alaska, I'm always interested in what's going on there fishingwise! I've read and enjoyed a lot from the post's by Jedi Salmon Slayer and bullhead bandit! Even BARLEYDOG has been known to chime in occasionally with his pearl's of wisdom! ;DHave you guy's all of a sudden become shy? Maybe it's because of the mosquito's! I remember that they are about the size of a Messerschmit! ::) ;D DIRTBALL2 ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

DIRTBALL2

Re: What is it with you Alaska boy's?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2012, 02:11 PM »
Are you guy's all out fishing right now? ???DDIRTBALL2 ;)

Akdube

« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2012, 12:35 AM »
Extremely poor king run this year still pouting about it.

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2012, 08:28 AM »
The number's just weren't there, eh? Then I don't blame you Akdude! I would be pouting too! There is nothing more fun than hooking up with a big, brawling King! ;DDIRTBALL2 ;)

walleye1

« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2012, 09:02 AM »
I read recently that they are prohibiting fishing on the Kenaii this year do to the extremely poor run of Kings.

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2012, 09:12 AM »
What do you suppose the reason is for the poor run of King's? Weather? Pollution? Over harvest? Maybe Obama is going to blame George W for this too! :blink: :rotflol:DIRTBALL2 ;)

Cornbread

« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2012, 10:59 AM »
Oregon' spring run was down by 1/3 from the original 300K+ adults that were supposed to be swimming over Bonneville Dam this year so it isn't just Alaska salmon runs that are down. Although Oregon's runs were no where near as bad as Alaska's. Anyone saying what they think the reason for the lower counts is?
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

Akdube

« Reply #7 on: Aug 06, 2012, 11:31 AM »
Very limited fishing on the kenai this year for kings. I think it's the bottom trawlers picking up all the kings. They incidentally netted 150,000 last year. Ouch. We did manage 180 reds in two hours dip netting ( smelting for salmon) on the kenai earlier in july so the freezer is full of fish. Like 1.9 million reds run up the kenai each year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.