FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: what is this "perch pond" i hear off of lewvan  (Read 4111 times)

spoxick

what is this "perch pond" i hear off of lewvan
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:45 PM »
hey there guys over there years everyonce and a while i hear about a perch pond in the south end just outside the city ..where is this .. is it jsut a dug out ? how do i get there i would love to take my kids there for an afternoon of bobber fishing for C&R perch

buzzbomb

Re: what is this "perch pond" i hear off of lewvan
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:06 PM »
That's news to me..... maybe it's 'rum and coke south' and they meant Silver Springs.  The old boy there had a perch pond as well as a trout pond.  You can't go wrong to give him a call.
If you say the word "gullible" really slow, it sounds like "oranges".

spoxick

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 11:53 PM »
hmmm hey buzz your big into carp right ? how would i go about catching some brutes in the fort lakes/rivers

buzzbomb

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 09:44 AM »
The fort's not really my patch these days but I'd say without a baiting campaign going your best bet may be the rivers between the lakes.  Do a little stalking and look for signs like fish jumping, finning, bubbles or clouds of mud in the margins indicating feeding carp.
If you want to see what we've been doing shoot me a pm and you're welcome to visit or come along just up north here.
If you say the word "gullible" really slow, it sounds like "oranges".

cowboy_1990

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2012, 05:01 PM »
I know this topic is really old but did anyone ever find any information about this "perch pond"?  I also heard of guys catching perch like mad last summer when they were building the lewvan overpass...those perch had to have come from somewhere out there!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.