FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Aurburn  (Read 4309 times)

Marsh

• Not this year Bassbug!!
Lake Aurburn
« on: Apr 04, 2005, 10:32 AM »
I was wondering if someone from the area of lewiston  aurburn can let me know when the ice somes off that lake.  And any tipw on lures ect.  I have heard good thinkg about that lake from linguinin and jrelaxin.  So i definatly want to try it this season.  Thx

mainuh

• can you hear me now GOOD
Re: Lake Aurburn
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2005, 06:33 PM »
havnt seen it first hand marsh but ice is goin fast probebly not fishable this weekend but should be shortly after

ive heard use really big shiners
YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK
                             IF YOUR READING THIS

ieatanimals128

• Ha thats a minnow compared to the bass I catch
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2005, 07:43 PM »
It should be fairly early this year. I would say it should be clear in 2- 3 weeks. I heard one guy got a 4lb salmon from shore on opening day. There was very limited access because there weren't many openings on the shore. I think that the rain really did a number on the ice though.
Jason

Marsh

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2005, 07:46 PM »
thx guys i cant wait to get the boat out there i hope they will bite a newbie trollers line!!!

linguini

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2005, 08:42 PM »
marsh on openning day their was a picture in the paper and a small story  about  fist that was caught their was 2 sal and 1 laker  i like fishing with a sliding  rig with smelts or a shinner on it about 3 to 4 inches   no bigger unless you are still fishing then use about a 4 to 5 inch  bait a foot off bottom for lakers  let me know when you go and i will tell you more
the dave and dave show

fishboy1

• I like pickled sticklebacks
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2005, 08:43 AM »
linguini-
I used the sliding rigs early last year with some success....what do you do to keep your bait out of the weeds or hiding under a rock? I thought that on some days I wasn't getting any action because of this....I like how the sliding rigs work but I wonder if I'm not getting more action for the reason above...thoughts???

(I love using them when fishing for stripers with chunk mackeral...fun fun)

-Weav
I love my pimped out 66 Corson

linguini

« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2005, 06:40 PM »
IT IS ALL FEEL AND BOUNCE OF THE POLE TIP I HAVE GOTTON CAUGHT UP MORE THEN ONCE ALSO USE LEAD CORE AND A FISH FINDER  FOR THE DEPTH TRY TO COUNT EACH COLOR AS 6 FEET  SOME TIMES IT WORKS WELL   
the dave and dave show

jrelaxin

« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2005, 09:08 PM »
marsh on openning day their was a picture in the paper and a small story  about  fist that was caught their was 2 sal and 1 laker  i like fishing with a sliding  rig with smelts or a shinner on it about 3 to 4 inches   no bigger unless you are still fishing then use about a 4 to 5 inch  bait a foot off bottom for lakers  let me know when you go and i will tell you more
yup ...remember that snooze button still works in the spring.....lol
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

fishboy1

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2005, 07:10 AM »
IT IS ALL FEEL AND BOUNCE OF THE POLE TIP I HAVE GOTTON CAUGHT UP MORE THEN ONCE ALSO USE LEAD CORE AND A FISH FINDER  FOR THE DEPTH TRY TO COUNT EACH COLOR AS 6 FEET  SOME TIMES IT WORKS WELL   
I was thinking more in terms of casting from shore with the sliding rig and a live shiner or smelt....you know the sliding rig is sitting on bottom and your shiner can swim wherever...I was just wondering if there is a way to keep the shiner from hiding

onthefly(TB)

« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2005, 10:58 AM »
I was thinking more in terms of casting from shore with the sliding rig and a live shiner or smelt....you know the sliding rig is sitting on bottom and your shiner can swim wherever...I was just wondering if there is a way to keep the shiner from hiding
cork float ,keeps him from going down into rocks and you can adjust the stop any length away from the fishfinder!!!

fishboy1

« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2005, 12:36 PM »
gotcha.....good info...thanks!

Marsh

« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Thx for the info dave!!  cant wait to get oout htere and give it a try!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.