FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: who wants to go groundfishing?  (Read 2617 times)

cantstop

who wants to go groundfishing?
« on: Apr 05, 2005, 05:53 PM »
I'm looking for some guys that love groundfishing and don't mind taking care of the gas.seems like the guys I usually go with won't be available much this year and fuel is getting rather high.I've got a 24ft aquasport and go out to jeffries whenever I can.sometimes platts and sometimes tantas.I usually have fairly good luck for cod,haddock and a few other species.I usually put in at the saco but will occasionally put in at bailey's.I'm gonna start going out by the end of the month hopefully.if anybody is interested pm me,maybe we can get together sometime.

TroutKing

Re: who wants to go groundfishing?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2005, 08:36 AM »
Cantstop,

I would like to go out groundfishing with you sometime. I have never been, but I'd like to go. If you tell me what to get for equipment, I'll surely take care of the gas. Thanks. Hope to talk with you soon.

Scott Wright

• I can't right now... I've gotta go fishin!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2005, 10:47 PM »
I'm in!! Let me know when... and what to bring!!  ;D
Scott Wright Carter

cantstop

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2005, 08:07 AM »
I uncovered the boat yesterday.hopefully within the next two weeks I'll take it out.looks like the haddock are hitting offshore.

bassbug

• One more than Marsh
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2005, 10:11 AM »
what are we talking for cost

chillywillie

• Team Maine
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2005, 05:39 AM »
How many people can you take?  I may be interested.

cantstop

« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2005, 08:46 AM »
if I go to jeffries I'll go through 40 -50 gals plus oil.platts is about 55 gals.that's with 2 or 3 persons on board.I don't really like taking more than three people besides myself just because I like having some room to move around.so basically,with fuel being the price it is,I figure it will be costing me between $100 and $150 depending on seas and how much searching I do.sometimes I just go to tantas before I go to work.thats only about 10 to 12 miles out.probably only go through 20 gals.or so going there.I did get 2 decent cod before work last year jigging in 300-350 ft. of water.one was 25lbs,the other one was 29.you get some haddock off tantas,but seem to do better on jeffries.I have tues. and sat. off so if it's nice out I'll try and get out on those days,if not I'll be striper fishing in the saco till the herring leave.

Screaminreel

« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2005, 09:06 PM »
just signed up and made the switch over from ice shanty.......  I'd be game for it if you still need takers....... 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.