FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stoney Lake 2013  (Read 4591 times)

anglerbrian

Stoney Lake 2013
« on: Jun 17, 2013, 10:16 PM »
Stoney Lake 2013. Well the  rain stopped for a little while so off to Stoney for a couple of hours.
Fishing was pretty good using a jig n spinner with a leech to sweeten the deal. Caught  a nice one on the first pass over one of my spots on the north side.
Landed two more 4 pounders before the hour was up. Got rained on a little then the sun came out. Moved to the south side and found a real hotspot.
This time I used the storm wild eye rubber bait in a perch pattern and caught  lots of fish until they destroyed my bait.  Kept three for supper
Was nice to be able to catch fish close to home.

anglerbrian

Re: Stoney Lake 2013
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2013, 02:53 PM »

Fishing is still incredible at Stoney caught these Eyes in less than 20 mins this morning. Also caught two pike that were over 8 lbs and a few smaller ones.

Young Catcher

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2013, 12:38 PM »
You did great fishing.
Thanks for sharing.
I will try once Stony during two weeks.

anglerbrian

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2013, 02:14 PM »
Good Luck Young Catcher.
 if you go to Stoney try some of the Storm Wild Eye minnow in perch. The Walleye and pike both love em.
Canadian Tire has them on 3 for $7.00 Jigs and spoons have also been effective.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2013, 03:55 PM »
Way to go anglerbrian.
Good report for Stony Lake and nice looking walleye for a meal. :)

I also like using the storm wildyes in various colors. ;)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

coltcurtis

« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2013, 11:30 PM »
got up early this morn and headed to stoney today.launched boat at 650am and lit a smoke,got about 30 feet out and started my trolling day.And bang...hit a nice chunky 4 pound jack.lil windy and there was whitecaps for awhile but a great day . 6 fish day and lost 2............ R.I.P to one of my favorite hooks ( 5 years together ) 

Young Catcher

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2013, 09:33 AM »

We went there on the past Saturday which was very strong weedy.
 I got the bite on the first cast. then non-stop biting.  but they were small ones, when sunset was coming, bigger ones started biting.  We ended up 4 keepers between me and buddy to home.   it was a good one trip. 

coltcurtis

« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2013, 12:24 PM »
hit up stoney for a hour or so on friday and nothing.loaded up boat and went to near by pelican lake..fished 5 hours and got about 30 jacks.lots of small ones were biting some too big of a hook for them.beautiful day,hot barely any wind.had my shirt off till 730pm..went back on saturday from 8am-2pm,9 jacks and a few lost ones..biggest one was a 8 pound jack at the point.funny part of the day was i was achored in around the point,casting close to shore and the bush started to move and crackle and snap.....then a black cow popped out and he stared at me for a few minutes then started mooing at me..and wouldnt stop !!!! so i started trolling to leave area and came around corner and there was 20 more cows.. they all started to moo me ...i laughed and said good bye then and headed back... me and wife just bought a house in margo ( for weekend get-aways) so i am looking forward to getting to be able to hit all these little gem lakes more often..have a good long weekend everyone......tight lines

killemfish

« Reply #8 on: Aug 07, 2013, 01:18 PM »
Try Fishing Lake, lots of eyes coming out of there! Only downfall is the 2 fish limit!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.