FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wardens out writing tickets!!  (Read 12623 times)

woodchip1

Re: Wardens out writing tickets!!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 14, 2013, 07:14 PM »
We fish because we enjoy . Seeing our catch is a big part of our enjoyment. If a fish dies because of we take time to take a picture that would be a small percentage.  To sell more fishing permits we need to educate and work with fishermen not sour their enjoyment . Sounds like a warden was a little swell headed, looking to make some fisherman's day  rotten.  Maine wardens looking to keep up their poor status. This is why we hear more bad stories than good ones about Maine Wardens.

filetandrelease

« Reply #31 on: Nov 15, 2013, 06:38 AM »

we have the words[released immediately unharmed] in our law , here in NY , it's up to the discretion of men in green to ticket or not

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #32 on: Nov 15, 2013, 01:32 PM »
In some cases you could say that's just a way for the wardens to get more find $$ for their budget, but then when we actually READ the fishing abstracts we see the wording and realize that it doesn't say "release right after photo op".
Most people aren't prepared for a quick photo and don't bother using a net.
Oh, and since the trout season on many "trout specific" waters is closed, even catching one could put you hot water if you don't follow the rules TO THE LETTER!

You can try fighting the ticket, but I doubt you'd win. All they have to say is "What do you THINK that rule means?" and watch you sink your own ship!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

gamefisher

« Reply #33 on: Nov 15, 2013, 01:42 PM »
The difference is that it specifically states in the regs for Sebago "any salmon caught while ice fishing must be released alive at once without removal from the water."  If I got a ticket for taking a picture I would definitely fight it.  There's very few C&R regs that say you can't remove fish from the water.

I realize they are worded differently C.W.  My point was a written, you really can't argue either way, open or ice, that it's a violation.  No definition of "Released alive immediately" would include time for picture taking at the letter of the law, hence the pinch. :tipup:

TroyTMG

• "polartippah" on the Shanty
« Reply #34 on: Nov 15, 2013, 07:21 PM »
From the Maine law book:

"Bag Limit (All Fish):
 Any fish, except baitfish and smelts, legally taken from inland waters shall be immediately released alive into the water from which it was taken, or killed at once. Any fish killed becomes part of the daily bag limit. (12611)"

No fish picture is legal unless the fish is killed first or swimming freely in the water.

springfed

« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2013, 08:49 PM »
The word immediate is far to subjective.  It's a poorly written rule you can't define the amount of time immediate means.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2013, 09:34 PM »
The word immediate is far to subjective.  It's a poorly written rule you can't define the amount of time immediate means.

i agree 100%

Phoenix

« Reply #37 on: Nov 16, 2013, 05:20 AM »
I suppose you're right about greater clarification in this day and age, but jeese, isn't it apparent that the purpose of the law is to release the fish so it lives? Couldn't a reasonable person come to that conclusion and act accordingly?

woodchip1

« Reply #38 on: Nov 16, 2013, 06:04 AM »
Fishing is supposed to be an enjoyable sport. We all need to work together to do exactly that. If catch and release is so critical maybe a hook set should be regulated for fear of a broken back bone. it could go on and on . if the fish swims away what evidence would a warden have? If one caught a record fish maybe he would like to measure it and take a picture. I would like to see more young people take up fishing . It sure will not happen with all these stupid border line laws, with stupid enforcement handling situations is previous manners.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #39 on: Nov 16, 2013, 08:54 AM »
I suppose you're right about greater clarification in this day and age, but jeese, isn't it apparent that the purpose of the law is to release the fish so it lives? Couldn't a reasonable person come to that conclusion and act accordingly?

believe it or not you can take a picture of a trout/lls in november without it dying...

The Rusty Crab

« Reply #40 on: Nov 16, 2013, 04:46 PM »
Fishing is supposed to be an enjoyable sport. We all need to work together to do exactly that. If catch and release is so critical maybe a hook set should be regulated for fear of a broken back bone. it could go on and on . if the fish swims away what evidence would a warden have? If one caught a record fish maybe he would like to measure it and take a picture. I would like to see more young people take up fishing . It sure will not happen with all these stupid border line laws, with stupid enforcement handling situations is previous manners.

You have over stepped mister I bet they send you a ticket in the mail talking like this :)  8) ::) :cookoo: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

TroyTMG

• "polartippah" on the Shanty
« Reply #41 on: Nov 16, 2013, 05:45 PM »
I think that the law is poorly written and that a photo of a carefully handled fish should be legal.  But the word immediately does have a definition.  Without quoting Webster's directly, some examples for immediately are: without delay, nothing in between, directly, without interval of time.

springfed

« Reply #42 on: Nov 16, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Words like line, hook, net, pliers, waves, cold, slippery, and coordination, are all in the dictionary too. They all have an affect on the word immediate when fishing. If immediately means no taking pictures, them the law should state so. Can someone get the DIFW a copy of the book Writing Fish and Game Rules for Dummies please.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #43 on: Nov 16, 2013, 08:45 PM »
Words like line, hook, net, pliers, waves, cold, slippery, and coordination, are all in the dictionary too. They all have an affect on the word immediate when fishing. If immediately means no taking pictures, them the law should state so. Can someone get the DIFW a copy of the book Writing Fish and Game Rules for Dummies please.

:rotflol: :rotflol:

woodchip1

« Reply #44 on: Nov 17, 2013, 06:59 AM »
No Cameras , No  Hooks , NO WARDENS  then we will have it made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.