FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Darlington  (Read 4377 times)

archbishop

Darlington
« on: May 04, 2005, 09:05 AM »
well guys its time for the night race at darlington and jimmy johnson won both races last year and there has been 8 different winners in the last 9 races lets get your pre race pics everyone should know by now im sticking with the #24 but lets hear who you think will tame the track under the lights?

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Darlington
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 03:19 PM »
I'm a Kurt Busch fan and I think he'll do pretty good.  He ran well last fall in the Smirnoff car.  I also think that Greg Biffle will have a good shot.  He has been so strong so far this year.
A 17 yr. old that is addicted already.

archbishop

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 03:34 PM »
yeah whats up with that #16 holy crap the speed bug crawled up his arse didnt it hes having an awsome year he has to be the surprise of the year  :o

ps when did busch run a smirnoff car before this year? it was only allowed this year to advertise alcohol on your car or did i miss something?

im not a busch fan but he is a good driver even though if it werent for the point system change he would have finished 3rd behind #1 gordon and #2 johnson ;) lol just getting a rivalry going ;D

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 06:00 PM »
He ran a smirnoff car late last year after they anounced that liquor sponsorships would be allowed.  It was a black car.  That day he got a flat and faught his way back to somewhere in the top 5.  Biffle is a rocket ship this year.  Shows you what some good work in the offseason can do for you.  Yeh, I do have to agree about him finishing behind Gordon and Johnson in the points if it wasn't for the new points sysytem but the thing is he won it the way it was ;D

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 08:06 PM »
you are absolutly correct busch won fair and square and you are right i just looked it up and he did race a smirnoff car last year at darlington i apologize and he finished 6th and gordon was 3rd behind mark martin and of course the winner jimmy johnson but busch has come through alot of problems and hatred to get where he is kudos to you and him and i can say that being a gordon fan because i have no worries because my man always is in the top 5 ;D although i am pulling a little for rusty because he has had a good career and deserves a good finish in his last call as long as its behind the 24 ;)

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 09:17 PM »

ps when did busch run a smirnoff car before this year? it was only allowed this year to advertise alcohol on your car or did i miss something?

Arch, you're definitely missin something my baldheaded friend ;D Tobacco products aren't allowed on the cars, but alcohol hasnt been eliminated yet... examples would be Junior, Sterling Marlin, and Rusty...they've been runnin "alcohol fueled" cars for years...  ;D

-Zach

Go Junior!

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 10:32 PM »
i was talking about alcohol sponsors only and it wassnt allowed till this year but some ran it last year like busch like fishboy said when it comes to nascar i dont miss much ;D doesnt that look like me smiling

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 02:00 PM »
You could run alcohol for a sponsor before this year but up until the end of last year and this year you couldnt run a car with a Hard Liquor sponsorship.  So Zach is partially right about being able to run alcohol before this year.

archbishop

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 02:13 PM »
 ??? ??? when they refer to alcohol they are talking of hard liquor there is alcohol and beer and i hope they can run beer theres always been beer sponsored cars either way itll be the DUPONT car that matters ;D

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Theres too many paint fumes in here! Time to get some fresh air.
Cold Feet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 09:20 PM »
#9 Kasey Kahne will finally break out of his 2nd place finishes.....although i am a huge #2 fan.......this is on record....see everyone here next week...Grump

archbishop

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 11:09 PM »
yeah you gotta respect kahne the same guy that found him found jeff gordon gotta love the future of this kid he has alota heart just needs a win and he will be in there with the rest of the good ones

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 08:39 AM »
To clear the air on Busch's Smirnoff car;  The car was a Smirnoff ICE car.  Smirnoff Ice is a flavored malt beverage, not liquor. Hard liquor was allowed late last year.  This year,  Kurt is running a car with many different liquor and Smirnoff Ice paint schemes.

As for this weekend,  tough race to call.  If I had my guess,  McMurray will take the checkers.  My favorite Rusty should get a top 10, and I have to pull for my fantasy driver this week,  Jeff Burton.

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.