FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 515414 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #270 on: Feb 20, 2016, 02:15 AM »
I plan to add a couple raised beds to my veggie garden and plant the west side of the house with flowers.

It will be a while yet.  :-\

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #271 on: Feb 20, 2016, 02:29 AM »

ya I know it will be a while! figure I give us that don't have much to do a few suggestion on stuff to plan out....

me I want to rotate the crops for the boxes we got and add some top soil /dirt to the boxes.. this way I can grow pepper and tomato's in one and other stuff In the other two, like cucumbers and so on that why I am checking out the seed catalogs now to see what is offered.. lol's...   

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #272 on: Feb 20, 2016, 05:09 AM »
We planted a couple thousand geraniums past couple days...     ;D 
And that's just the beginning... :P :P

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

boondox

« Reply #273 on: Feb 20, 2016, 05:40 AM »
 :o wow now that's a garden lol's ..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #274 on: Feb 20, 2016, 06:06 AM »
Monday have to set up the benches in the big green house and I need 4000, 12" hanging baskets filled with soil to get us started and have ready for when the first big shipment of plugs come in..
At least were not digging through this like last year..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

boondox

« Reply #275 on: Feb 20, 2016, 09:00 AM »
ya were blessed this year with warm weather hopefully next year is close to it but for some reason I think not?

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #276 on: Feb 23, 2016, 06:21 AM »
Here is a left side and right side picture of the big house..
On the left side you can see the soil machine, the 12" hanging baskets that all need inserts put in them and a lot of bails of soil behind them..  Filled almost 1100 baskets and a whole stack of soil...   It was 86* in the house with the overhead door open and the exhaust fans on and pure sun all day... TeeShirts and dirt dust...  ;D ;D ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #277 on: Mar 02, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Been busy the past week.  Some pictures of the different houses as were going..Even today it was hot in the houses even though the wind chill outside was in the single digits..  Tans coming along just fine..    ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #278 on: Mar 03, 2016, 03:05 AM »
Looking good Dom.

Tractor trailer after tractor trailer have been unloading stuff at the store this past week. The outside garden crew has been really busy setting up. I think I'm going to build a little greenhouse on the south side of the house to start my plants.

What do you think of those Jiffy plant starter trays Dom? I know they're not commercial, but they look easy for a home gardener.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #279 on: Mar 03, 2016, 05:19 AM »
Those will work good for you Bob...

Mac Attack

« Reply #280 on: Mar 03, 2016, 06:30 AM »

I think I'm going to build a little greenhouse on the south side of the house to start my plants.

I've been thinking similar thoughts Bob.
At least about starting my own plants.
Maybe not the greenhouse part.  Yet.
Every year Donna and I buy the plants, but they are opretty expensive when compared to a pack of seeds.
Does anyone have a list of times to plant various vegetables?
How many weeks before planting should you plant various things before you actually put them into the ground.

Thanks.
Mac

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #281 on: Mar 03, 2016, 04:27 PM »
Burpee's web site will give you everything you need there Mac.

Cool beans Dom! I'm planning a couple tiers of benches and a plastic cover. Long range forecast is looking warm ;D

Should b a pretty easy little starter greenhouse. If it goes anything like my other projects, I'll have the whole neighborhood under plastic in a few years :-\

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #282 on: Mar 04, 2016, 06:07 PM »
Sounds good Bob.   I would put little electric heater in it for at night...  Try and keep the temp up.

Mac Attack

« Reply #283 on: Mar 04, 2016, 06:09 PM »
Burpee's web site will give you everything you need there Mac.

Rg

Thanks Bob

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #284 on: Mar 05, 2016, 06:12 PM »
I'll wait a while yet Dom. No sense getting ahead of myself. Put the boat in the garage today....started the new John Deer and ran it for a bit. I might do some spring cleanup tomorrow if the weather is as good as they say. Did some spring cleaning inside today.

I love this time of year. All things coming alive.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.