FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512900 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #945 on: Nov 14, 2016, 05:49 AM »
You're right RG, sliced fresh mushrooms, too.  It was all built on top of crescent roll dough.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #946 on: Nov 14, 2016, 08:34 AM »
Thanks...that makes sense. Just showed myBride the pics and description .......she likes that idea. Maybe for dinner tonight.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #947 on: Nov 14, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Sauerkraut update -
I checked both buckets last night.
Smells like kraut, so fermentation is well underway.
Not really any scum yet to skim off.
Might be bagging it sooner than originally thought.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #948 on: Nov 14, 2016, 12:26 PM »
Just to let you know RG, we precooked the bacon and onions and spread that on top of the mozzarella and Parmesan. We didn't crack the eggs onto the pie until halfway through the baking time for the crescent rolls, and when that time was up we put it under the broiler for a minute or so just to firm up the tops of the eggs. They were done perfectly. No runny whites, but the center of the yokes were still soft.  Enjoy.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #949 on: Nov 14, 2016, 01:48 PM »
Just to let you know RG, we precooked the bacon and onions and spread that on top of the mozzarella and Parmesan. We didn't crack the eggs onto the pie until halfway through the baking time for the crescent rolls, and when that time was up we put it under the broiler for a minute or so just to firm up the tops of the eggs. They were done perfectly. No runny whites, but the center of the yokes were still soft.  Enjoy.   ;D

Nice recipe. Thanks for sharing.

I can smell the sauerkraut from here Mac. West wind ya know ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #950 on: Nov 14, 2016, 02:30 PM »

I can smell the sauerkraut from here Mac. West wind ya know ;D

Rg

If your timing is right when you get that treadmill motor................. 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #951 on: Nov 14, 2016, 04:23 PM »
Well, I'm in the throws of moving stuff around....again. Most of my fishing stuff  and fly tying stuff is back in the spare bedroom...in other words, I'm slowly gutting the basement to make room for the wood working equipment. It's pretty much re-assess and purge at this point. The pickup is slowly filling up for a trip to the dump in the near future. I'm amazed with how I can accumulate stuff.

My saving grace is, I can let go of it too......thank heavens.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #952 on: Nov 16, 2016, 09:51 AM »
Does anyone know how long pine needs to dry before you can split with an ax? I dropped 3 large pines in June. I used a piece of trunk of one of them as a chopping block to split other wood this past weekend with the Fiskars and the the chopping block was splitting by the time i finished the chore.

I would have thought 5 months wasn't enough, but would love to get it split and stacked next to the fire pit before the start of hard water season.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #953 on: Nov 16, 2016, 09:59 AM »
I live in a  pine Grove and burn a lot of pine in my fire pit.  Split once or twice and it will burn.. Whole chunks of fresh pine burns well. Split what you want now and stack it and burn away.. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #954 on: Nov 16, 2016, 10:03 AM »
Thanks. I have been clearing my yard of pines for years now. Pine sure does burn well in the fire pit out back, regardless of whether it's August or January

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #955 on: Nov 16, 2016, 10:14 AM »
We Camp in the adirondacks right after ice/snow out and the first thing we do is look for a downed pine  for insta  heat.. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #956 on: Nov 22, 2016, 08:08 AM »
Gave it the ol' college try this morning. the main trunks laughed at the fiskars. covered them up and will have at them come spring time

Mac Attack

« Reply #957 on: Dec 04, 2016, 04:31 PM »
Sauerkraut update.
We bagged it up tonight.
Got 19.5 quart freezer Ziploc bags filled.
Smelled awesome.

I saw cans of kraut at the store on sale yesterday for $2 a can.
I figure ours is about the same as 30 cans.
So we spent $20 for about $60 worth of kraut.

If it cost more than store bought I would still make it because of how good it tastes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #958 on: Dec 04, 2016, 05:23 PM »
Well, I'll hope for prevailing East winds ;D

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #959 on: Dec 04, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Well, I'll hope for prevailing East iwnds ;D

Rg

Yea Bob.
The kitchen stinks pretty good.
 :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.