FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512921 times)

zwiggles

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1380 on: Jun 27, 2017, 01:57 PM »
Do you guys prune the sucker stems? I always have. I don't  know how much it helps, but the fruits are always good.

Rg

I have tried to remove the suckers, but I have found that only helps you get one or two harvests of fruit. When I don't oinch them I usually only get one weak crop. I think it helps to remove the suckers to prevent additional veg growth on the plants so they can dump their energy into the fruits, but it's just an observation which could have been effected by other factors as well.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1381 on: Jun 27, 2017, 02:12 PM »
Do you guys prune the sucker stems? I always have. I don't  know how much it helps, but the fruits are always good.

Rg

I pinch off the suckers, seems to increase fruit growth and limit plant from becoming a full bush (which happens anyways when i leave for a weeks vacations up in the Dacks)

O

« Reply #1382 on: Jun 27, 2017, 05:03 PM »
One of my jobs as a youngster on our family farm was to pinch suckers off.  We would spend a lot of time and energy to do so.  I still pinch.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1383 on: Jun 27, 2017, 05:07 PM »
Cool.......I'm glad it's not just me ;D.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1384 on: Jun 27, 2017, 05:28 PM »
If you have a slug problem cut the top off a soda jug and fill half way with beer. It will be full of slugs over night

Or just leave a mouthful of beer in your can or bottle and lay it on side in your garden as your weeding... ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1385 on: Jun 27, 2017, 05:31 PM »
If the rain ever stops I might get some pictures of my garden... :P
 But I am picking tomatoes and peppers off plants in the greenhouses...   ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1386 on: Jun 27, 2017, 06:38 PM »
I'll say it again.....CHEATER!

You ok now Dom?
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1387 on: Jun 27, 2017, 06:43 PM »
I'll say it again.....CHEATER!

You ok now Dom?
That's harsh! Accurate, but harsh ;D

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1388 on: Jun 27, 2017, 06:43 PM »
   Or just leave a mouthful of beer in your can or bottle and lay it on side in your garden as your weeding... ;)
I don't weed  :-*

fishin4eyes

« Reply #1389 on: Jun 27, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Haha or that raq. Works great on snails and slugs I leave my cans right by the garden. Last year the snails were doing a number on my raspberries. Ive got 60 plants going and the beer worked great to kill the problem. Win win

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1390 on: Jun 29, 2017, 05:35 AM »
I'll say it again.....CHEATER!You ok now Dom?

;D
Bob found out I have a double hernia..  One that's protruding as big as a lemon by the end of the day and one I didn't know I have..  They don't hurt just anoying..
Surgery is in 3 weeks...
We just got another 2500 mum plugs in yesterday that will go in smaller pots. So I have to get that done. Then when the new roll of dripper tape comes in the mum fields will get set up and a lot less hand watering...  

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #1391 on: Jun 29, 2017, 06:30 AM »
this might be kind of a stupid question.....but any hints on drying out a veggie bed.........I hav tons of stuff doing well to awesome...cukes squash maters of all sorts brussell sprouts cauliflower peas etc etc.......all doing pretty well except for my peppers....they were doing so well in the heat.....then the rains came and came and came, well you guys know, they are now weaker and dropping leaves and showing signs of leaf damage..seems like too much water, but i dont control what comes out of the sky.  ::)

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1392 on: Jun 29, 2017, 07:26 AM »
I have raised beds and set one up with a ton of sand and perlite for my peppers. They're all doing ok. Some extra plants I started in containers didn't drain really well and are showing the same. Some yellowing leaves etc.

I've got a few varieties of bell peppers and 4 kinds of Jalapeņo peppers. Last year my Jalapeņos were huge and dark red. They were delicious.
Rg.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1393 on: Jun 29, 2017, 07:27 AM »
Hang in there Dom. I'm sure they'll mend the problem for you.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #1394 on: Jun 29, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Hang in there Dom. I'm sure they'll mend the problem for you.
Rg
X2 I'm sure they will take good care of you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.