FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513077 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1410 on: Jul 08, 2017, 06:06 PM »
You've become a victim of PB greed Dom. They shut out your account. I'm learning Imgur. May not be able to transfer all my 4000 pictures, but......no way I'm paying $400 a year to those bandits.

I have a paid subscription until December I think. So I may have some time to transfer much of my library.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1411 on: Jul 11, 2017, 08:44 AM »
That's a decent price for a 4'x225' roll. I think the stuff I use is 3x150 for $20. Don't buy the staple. Get a small roll of 10gauge galvanized wire. Suspended ceiling tie wire works well too. All you need is a pair of side cutters and you're in the staple business.

This year I'm experimenting with weed barrier and compost mulch on one side and no barrier or mulch on the other side.the only thing I've noticed so far is that the cukes on the mulched side are growing much faster than the other side. But it could be because they're partially shaded by my asparagus forest.

Rg

How's the weed guard/mulch experiment coming along?

Mac Attack

« Reply #1412 on: Jul 11, 2017, 09:32 AM »
You've become a victim of PB greed Dom. They shut out your account. I'm learning Imgur. May not be able to transfer all my 4000 pictures, but......no way I'm paying $400 a year to those bandits.

I have a paid subscription until December I think. So I may have some time to transfer much of my library.
Rg

I haven't paid them anything..........ever.
And have not seen any of this.

Strange.

zwiggles

« Reply #1413 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:06 AM »

I haven't paid them anything..........ever.
And have not seen any of this.

Strange.

Do you use a mobile phone or tablet to interact with PB? I also have not had any issues, but I only use my mobile. *knocks on wood*

Mac Attack

« Reply #1414 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:27 AM »
Do you use a mobile phone or tablet to interact with PB? I also have not had any issues, but I only use my mobile. *knocks on wood*

Nope.
I really cannot remember ever accessing my PB account from my iphone or tablet.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1415 on: Jul 11, 2017, 03:11 PM »
How's the weed guard/mulch experiment coming along?
soesnt seem to be much difference at all other than the fabric covered side seems to retain moisture better. But then, it's in the shade of the asparagus forest so there's no conclusive evidence by comparison.

Everything is doing great. I'm harvesting cukes and some pickles. Tomatoes  and peppers are a couple weeks out and the beans are starting to produce. I'll be picking in a couple weeks.

The Japanese beetles seem to be slowing down, but the deer have discovered my Moon Flowers and Morning Glories. Picked up some repellent today to try.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1416 on: Jul 18, 2017, 07:35 AM »
My first moon flower bloomed last night some time. Just happened to notice it on my rounds this morning.

About 7" across. The same vine has other buds forming. If I can get a clear view of one I'll set up the GoPro and get a time lapse.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #1417 on: Jul 20, 2017, 06:31 PM »
I know these don't top rg's picture of the flower above.. but they are pictures none the less.. we put the plants in a little late and have not watered them much..  it's going to rain the next three day so hopefully that does help the tomatos.. the tomatoes  are just starting to flower hab peppers are doing awesome seen below

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1418 on: Jul 21, 2017, 07:03 AM »
It's getting there Boon.
I harvested some pickles, cukes, beans and snow peas this morning.

Time to do a little canning.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1419 on: Jul 21, 2017, 07:32 AM »
Here's where my gardens are at...
Tomatoes

Garlic is almost ready to pull. The asparagus forest.

Peppers, pickles and an odd tomato or 2.

Pickles, cukes, snow peas, beans, squash...

Cinnamon and  purple basil, dill and an orphan bean plant.

The morning glory and moon flower towers.

Mama's garden

The petunia tower.

Morning glories and asiatic lilies at the flagpole.

Stuff is growing  ;D

Rg

zwiggles

« Reply #1420 on: Jul 21, 2017, 07:37 AM »
Let one great!

filetandrelease

« Reply #1421 on: Jul 21, 2017, 08:41 AM »

Very nice guys , with all the rain my garden is growing slow , hopefully I'll get some late season return

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1422 on: Jul 21, 2017, 09:58 AM »
Looks great Bob.
Haven't seen my garden in 2 days...  Hope to be able to get out there today.. I'm sure it needs to be watered...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

boondox

« Reply #1423 on: Jul 21, 2017, 12:28 PM »
Very nice guys , with all the rain my garden is growing slow , hopefully I'll get some late season return

Was wondering that my self if I was getting to much water or I planted way to late.. it has been raining non stop day after day for weeks this is the first day with no rain in weeks sun out.. guess it to much water guess I will hold off on watering.. I know the great lake are up about 6 inches this year.. and are up about 3 foot from about 5 to ten years ago.. so I am guessing were getting to mch water... lol's

filetandrelease

« Reply #1424 on: Jul 21, 2017, 03:25 PM »
Boondox I also planted late , unless I wanted a rice patty 😉

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.