FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: JR's at it again  (Read 6691 times)

archbishop

JR's at it again
« on: May 25, 2005, 07:13 AM »
well guys what do you think of JR switching crew chiefs AGAIN
yeah ill have to agree with what everone wrote before, he isnt biheaded its all his crew chiefs fault, even though earlier he said he could win with anyone what a joke.

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
Re: JR's at it again
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 05:13 PM »
The only thing i can think of is that losing sucks and why not go back to something that was working. Both drivers did better w/ there old crew chiefs last year then they are doing this year.
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

archbishop

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 05:35 PM »
but hes not going back to tony jr hes going with one of  his spotters as a crew chief he didnt even give this guy a chance only 11 races i think he just wants someone he can control better and wont talk back and just take the blame for his mistakes thats why it worked good with tony jr because hes family and isnt scared to tell jr where to go which is also why jr got rid of him or as lil E says he didnt want racing to come between family lol thats why tony sr is president of DEI lol

ps  isnt micheal doing twice as good this year as last?

butterworm

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 06:53 AM »
all i can say is something had to be done. this guy has not won a race or finished in the top 5 for a pretty good run now. things are getting so bad that i may have to jump ship and hope on jays band wagon.  ;) none of us will ever understand why he changed his crew from last yr. he needs to right his ship quick if he wants to be in the chase cause being in 11th is not going to do it.

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 07:33 AM »
yeah but you gotta give a guy more than 11 races to work the kinks ouyt between each other lol now he has to start all over again lets see what the next 11 races bring and if i was a gambling man i would say its not going to come close to getting betterbecause not only does he have a new crew but now the guy his old crew is used to is gone and his spotter has taken over so not only does he have to get used to a new guy so does the rest of the crew i have to agree with all the analysts and sports writers     DUMB MOVE

butterworm

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 07:42 AM »
man you have to admit, that this is on hell of a promotion. you go from being a spotter to crew chief in one day. and if you think about it. his job as a spotter was not that good cause jr has not placed well and has had a couple recks that could have been avoided.

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 08:01 AM »
lol i guess if hes not spotting anymore he wont drive jr into a wreck win win for the team i hear jr is highering derek as a spotter and changing his car color to orange ;D

butterworm

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 08:03 AM »
we will just have to tell him when his car is coming to a wreck or has  a good chance to pass. ;D

archbishop

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 09:56 AM »
yeah could you imagine him as a spotter lol
especially on the #20 car
where'd he go where'd he go ???

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 11:31 AM »
It couldn't happen to a better person.  He has to accept the fact just because of his last name that he does not know everything there is to know about racing and car set up.  Maybe he will grow up a bit and learn from his mistakes.

butterworm

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 11:41 AM »
i like the guy but you are right mikevt. he does need to grow up a little more. just because his name is earnheart does not mean that he knows it all. you give him a couple more yrs to learn and he could be as good as his old man if not better.just my
2sense.

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Jun 01, 2005, 07:13 PM »
Well now you guys do not understand racing much do you!!! 2 restrictor plate races and nothing to show for it but a dented car to start and not so much as a sniff of 1st place deserves a change. 11 races is more than enough to prove yourself as a crew chief. If you cant get the job done then good bye! They have all the setups for each track and a little tweeking should make a poor handling car in previous races at the same track improve somewhat. But from what I seen they went backwards totally. As far as Jr's. input about the car well guess who is driving it and who would know better than the driver as far as what the car is doing. It is up to the crew chief to make the right changes to improve it. From what I have seen the car is terrible from the start to the end. To me it doesn't matter who is behind the wheel if it is Jr or someone else if the pit crew doesn't do there job it isn't going to be a win that day. I worked as a crew chief for 3 yrs on a nascar modified and saw improvement every year 1st yr we finished 11th over all the second 3rd and the 3rd yr 3rd again with many more 1st place wins the only thing keeping us from winning it all was a series of cracked engine blocks due to poor machining. 4 DNFs took away the championship by less than 25 pts. Now I just work on racecars for fun and I go once in a while to the tracks to see how the cars run. The whole problem with Nascar or any other form of racing is trying to break into it as a crew chief They good ones are set while the bad ones still are there but get bounced around from team to team you hardly see any new faces there at all
Just my 02
Cold Feet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

archbishop

« Reply #12 on: Jun 01, 2005, 07:48 PM »
well i can only understand what i see and hear and i see jr messing up on the track and over ruling what his crew chief says needs to be done and thats why his uncle let him switch things up because his old chief had no spine and couldnt/wouldnt stand up to jr but now that he has a chief with backbone his poor decision making on the track is gonna stand out and be pointed out more and my wifes uncle works for DEI so i hear some of the fun stories about jr the crew chief is not the main problem 

bigdave1018

« Reply #13 on: Jun 02, 2005, 07:22 AM »
EVEN IF SR. WAS STILL ALIVE AND RACING, JR. CANT EVEN CARRY DADDYS JOCKSTRAP!!!!!!!!!!  too many of these socalled nascar heros are zeros on and off the track. even if they do win i cant sit there and watch anyone drive 500 miles making left turns. big ups for the people who like racing but for me its as exciting as watching soccer or playing bingo lol.

archbishop

« Reply #14 on: Jun 02, 2005, 07:36 AM »
all opinions welcome and i agree with you on the soccer and bingo part though and felt the same about racing til about 10 years ago i had a broken leg one summer and nothig was on sundays but racing so i started watching it and got into it and jumped on gordons bandwagon because he was the good young driver at the time like someone jumping on kahne's bandwagon lol watch a race or 2 you may like it ??? especially bristol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.