FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tippecanoe River north of Winamac  (Read 1109 times)

Boomer

Tippecanoe River north of Winamac
« on: Aug 07, 2016, 10:42 PM »
Floated yesterday from the put in north of Winamac to Winamac city park.  Thanks to the guys tat gave us a ride back to the put in spot. My wife had never done a float where we leave one vehicle at the take out and the other at the put in. She left the keys in her purse in the truck so she would not lose them. Never even crossed my mind what she had done. We were about 2/3s of the way through the float when she realized what she had done. A guy on IceShanty (ModernAuger) was floating the same time and gave me a ride back.

First time on this stretch of the river. Two drift boats throwing flies, the three of us in kayaks and the other guy in his boat all were catching some fish. Nothing huge but we had fun. River is low right now. You may have to get out once in a while. We threw small cranks on ultralights and probably caught ten fish. My wife had a respectable crappie too.

billyex99

Re: Tippecanoe River north of Winamac
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2016, 04:40 PM »
Floated that stretch several times and always thought we would do better around the park with all that rif raf. We floated from Pulaski to the next ramp today and did fairly well. Buddy caught one almost 21" and my best was 17 1/2. We had to get out and walk twice. We were using fluke swim jigs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.