FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kayak  (Read 2801 times)

Knot there yet

Re: Kayak
« Reply #15 on: Aug 09, 2016, 09:47 AM »
Great to hear only if I could find a 10 footer for my self lols... that could hold my weight lol's ...
Native angler 10'(actual9'6")350 lbs rating.

rivereddy

Re: Kayak
« Reply #16 on: Aug 09, 2016, 10:06 AM »
As you can already see, there's a ton of choices out there.  I will advise this.  As you are the only one
going to be sitting it/on it, you must find one that is comfortable for you.  Others have said and I agree
don't put down a dime until you have had the chance to use it and paddle it. (The seat is everything.)
 It's the only way to tell for sure.

I have an Old Town Vapor, sit inside, angler version.  It is 10' long and weighs about 45 pounds.  It
has an extra large cockpit and, should I dump, it would be easy to get out of.  I am old and still
hold to that quaint notion that a boat should keep one dry.... Ain't gonna happen in a sit on top.  I
would also hold that it is far more stable as will.  In a sit inside, my center of gravity - think stability-
is very low as I am literally sitting IN the water (surrounded by boat).  On a sit on top all of you is
above the water.  I also use mine to hunt and retrieve ducks so a SOT doesn't meet my needs.

My yak is incredibly stable.  The price I pay for stability is lack of maneuverability.  Mine paddles like
a bath tub and the to rod holders are behind the seat which makes access a bit tricky.  If you don't mind
loud colors, many places are discounting their leftover stock and prices are pretty good.

fish on,

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.