MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Electronics

Help me choose a fish finder for wreck hunting

(1/1)

Cthippo:
Hey there,

I'm looking for a fish finder, except I'm not using it to find fish.  I'm into shipwreck hunting from the surface (so far) and am looking to make the leap to a sidescan (or side imaging) unit.  I've been using a Garmin Striker 4CV, which has been a good starter, but I really need something that can tell me what's down there, not just that something is down there.

I need a unit with side scan functionality, integrated GPS, and a video output functionality to a separate recorder.  I'm not hung up on brand, but i'm hoping to find something under $1000. 

Thanks and good luck out there.

Bowmandan:
How deep of water?

Cthippo:

--- Quote from: Bowmandan on Aug 08, 2017, 09:39 PM ---How deep of water?

--- End quote ---

Just for the sake of a big, round number, let's say 100 meters, or 330 feet.  My current underwater camera system is on a 30 meter cable, but I plan on building a 100 meter camera sometime next year. 

mudchuck:
Garmin has EchoMAP series SV and DV combo, good deal too.

Cthippo:

--- Quote from: mudchuck on Aug 09, 2017, 08:02 AM ---Garmin has EchoMAP series SV and DV combo, good deal too.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for replying.  The 92SV looks good, and I've been pretty happy with my current Garmin.  Question is, does it have a video out capability, and if so does it require an extra cable?  Trying to find documentation on this stuff on the manufacturer's website is nigh-on impossible. ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version