FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 98767 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #585 on: Jun 28, 2022, 08:02 AM »
Thanks, hoping one of these times its something over 20".  The guy I get the mice flies has 2 larger sizes and a rat fly with stinger hook in the tail that I may need to get to entice some larger fish.

The mice I see running accross rt 7 in cornwall are decent size.  Def bigger than the size mouse we got from that guide.  I have some whoppers from flyfishfood that I havent deployed yet.

stripernut

« Reply #586 on: Jun 29, 2022, 05:22 AM »
lowaccord66, let me know if you want to do a night trip on the Deerfield some time...

lowaccord66

« Reply #587 on: Jun 29, 2022, 11:21 AM »
lowaccord66, let me know if you want to do a night trip on the Deerfield some time...

Never fished it.  Lets plan something.

westernmas

« Reply #588 on: Jun 30, 2022, 11:55 AM »
Jon thanks for the company last night. Having a friend at night sure reduces the anxiety levels. Unfortunately I think the air temps and lack of cloud cover limited our success. I did get my biggest trout yet using the mouse but action was pretty limited.

Few different looks at the same fish.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #589 on: Jun 30, 2022, 09:04 PM »
Fun night. Congrats on a great fish.  I fished until a bit past one and only had one more hit.

Just got back from the housy, wanted to stay out longer but im out of juice.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #590 on: Jul 01, 2022, 06:45 AM »
Nice work fellas.
Wicked Wec

Bartman44

« Reply #591 on: Jul 01, 2022, 07:19 AM »
Pretty fish, almost looks like it has some tiger trout stripes mixed in. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #592 on: Jul 03, 2022, 05:40 PM »
Fished 7am to 9pm yesterday.  Started on the housy but way up in mass on a suggestion from Pat.  Mopped the browns up quickly catching a half dozen in a seam right near the access.  That made me curious.  Several miles later and several more brown trout brought me to 2ish.  Then I drove an hour south and hit the farmington.  That was slow but I landed a couple before heading back to the housy near home to wrap up.  Most of the decent fish ate a size 18 higas sos.  Quite the day. 

stripernut

« Reply #593 on: Jul 04, 2022, 08:36 AM »
Great day on the water!

zwiggles

« Reply #594 on: Jul 04, 2022, 08:38 AM »
Nice brown pics, and sounds like you all are on a good run of fish :)

lowaccord66

« Reply #595 on: Jul 04, 2022, 09:14 AM »
Nice brown pics, and sounds like you all are on a good run of fish :)

Spoiled by two great rivers in the state.  Come on down Z! 

Its ironic but I left my phone in my truck only to have one of the best wild brown days of my life.  The blue dots on the cheeks were epic. 

westernmas

« Reply #596 on: Jul 05, 2022, 09:39 AM »
Fished 7am to 9pm yesterday.  Started on the housy but way up in mass on a suggestion from Pat.  Mopped the browns up quickly catching a half dozen in a seam right near the access.  That made me curious.  Several miles later and several more brown trout brought me to 2ish.  Then I drove an hour south and hit the farmington.  That was slow but I landed a couple before heading back to the housy near home to wrap up.  Most of the decent fish ate a size 18 higas sos.  Quite the day.

Glad to hear the suggested spot worked out.  The flow always seems to stay up higher in the berkshires.  Freestone fishing in the pioneer valley is all but done for the year with the lack of rain.  I didn't wet a line this weekend so maybe I'll give the mouse another shot later this week.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

taxid

« Reply #597 on: Sep 17, 2022, 08:00 AM »
That's really cool. Thanks for sharing.

There's a river in Michigan called the Au Sable (I think NY has one with the same name). I've only fished it once in the day time but a couple of friends caught some monster browns there at night. Some they didn't land because they took them into some deadfalls. I think they were using mouse patterns too. During the day you won't catch them.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #598 on: Sep 18, 2022, 09:51 AM »
Had quite the evening last night.  1/4 mile of boiling stripers and the 8w.  Broke off on a larger one probably 20/30lbs but not before it roasted my fingers pulling the fly line.  Good fun.  O albies. 

stripernut

« Reply #599 on: Sep 18, 2022, 10:19 AM »
Very nice! What were the stripers on?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.