FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The infamous Honey Hole, Friday 6/24/05  (Read 2438 times)

crappie66

• BOILER UP
The infamous Honey Hole, Friday 6/24/05
« on: Jun 25, 2005, 12:38 AM »
Met up with Charter Captain Rico this morning for some early AM crappie fishing at the Honey Hole, in hopes of redemption for the lackluster ice fishing outing.  Well it didn't take long to get into the crappie, maybe all of about 2 minutes before the first fish.   The fish were everywhere; shallow, deep, suspended.  We caught fish casting and retreiving jigs, and trolling jigs.  Most fish were caught on twister tail grub jigs.  Just about every cast resulted in at least a bite.  We fished from about 6:30 AM to 10:45 AM and took home 57 crappie, with the two biggest going 12.5 inches, that total does not include countless others released or lost fish.   Also caught a few golden shiners on the jigs, and one pumpkinseed.  Captain Rico says, "Fishing like this will spoil you."  He is right about that, it was the hottest action I have personally experienced while crappie fishing.  It is fun to catch the fish, but it sucked cleaning all the fish, it took an hour and a half from start to finish, and my hands still smell, I guess you can say I have stinky finger.

Myself with my big fish of the day

Captain Rico posing with his catch

Cooler-o-fish

Fish posing with the mighty PURDUE

Coming soon BIG TEN CHAMPS only a couple more months

Fish-trap

Re: The infamous Honey Hole, Friday 6/24/05
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Nice slabs guys. When is the fish fry?  ;D
Can't catch a fish without a line in the water....

hardysf

« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2005, 10:24 PM »
the crappie are about the only thing i cant get into this summer so far. I got into them in the spring right after ice out, seemed to have disapeered. LOL.

good catch. What county are you in at least?

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2005, 05:59 AM »
kosciusko

fishaholic1970

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2005, 09:43 AM »
Place looks simular to a few I know. Some are hard to access. But finding the same place from the pic, would be finding a needle in a hay stack. Nice fish, Fish on Rico!

hardysf

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2005, 04:24 PM »
wow, thats pretty close to where i live in steuben county. Any helpful hints of depths and bait.

usually we use minnows in the winter and spring. I dont really crappie fish too much though. Crooked lake has some monster crappies and walleyes, but we cant ever find them past the end of may LOL.

nice catch again

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2005, 07:05 PM »
cant help you my man...this lake is something else...we were pitching and flipping white curly tails...try using one of them and troll...best of luck to ya ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.