FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lithium Ion Deepcycle Battery  (Read 4508 times)

Fishin-Mission

Lithium Ion Deepcycle Battery
« on: May 17, 2021, 08:37 AM »
My lead acid deep cycle battery is dying, and I need to get a new battery.  A friend of mine is considering buying a Lithium Ion type, because they last hold voltage longer. They seem a bit pricy to me, but perhaps are worth it. Anyone using them for their trolling motor? If so, what is your experience?

buffaloice

Re: Lithium Ion Deepcycle Battery
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 08:56 AM »
There are tons of threads on this topic already on here. Search function is your friend.

Frankie Bags

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 09:58 AM »
This is my first season using a lithium. I ended up going with the 100AH Amped Outdoors battery. Unfortunately I’ve only been able to get out a couple of times so far but I haven’t experienced any negatives. I use my electric to troll with and go through lead acid batteries faster than I’d like. It’s an investment but hopefully it will be worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 01:11 PM »
Hey Frank - are you using it on Erie with a kicker?  How is the 100ah lasting?
You know I bought the 200ah unit and still waiting.
Just wondering how your 100ah is lasting, etc.
Thanks

Frankie Bags

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 02:16 PM »
Hey Frank - are you using it on Erie with a kicker?  How is the 100ah lasting?
You know I bought the 200ah unit and still waiting.
Just wondering how your 100ah is lasting, etc.
Thanks

I don’t have a kicker so I rely on the Terrova ...unfortunately I haven’t been out trolling on Erie. The time I did get out there it was used to stay on top of perch. I did troll with it on Chautauqua but for just a couple of hours in calm conditions. No issues but Erie will be the true test.  I only have a 12v motor for my 18’ fiberglass so the lifespan of my interstate lead acid has been 3 years at most. Too many pro’s not to give it a shot. Good luck on your battery. I can’t imagine how aggravating it must be not having it in your boat by now.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 02:36 PM »

I don’t have a kicker so I rely on the Terrova ...unfortunately I haven’t been out trolling on Erie. The time I did get out there it was used to stay on top of perch. I did troll with it on Chautauqua but for just a couple of hours in calm conditions. No issues but Erie will be the true test.  I only have a 12v motor for my 18’ fiberglass so the lifespan of my interstate lead acid has been 3 years at most. Too many pro’s not to give it a shot. Good luck on your battery. I can’t imagine how aggravating it must be not having it in your boat by now.

Thanks Frank - and good luck!

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 03:51 PM »
Hey Mac-Attack and Frankie, please let me know how they work for you.  Deepcycle Lithium Ion Batteries are relaitively new tech and I am somewhat reluctant to spend $500.00 to try one out, but if what I read is accurate they are worth the money.

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 04:03 PM »
Hey Mac-Attack and Frankie, please let me know how they work for you.  Deepcycle Lithium Ion Batteries are relaitively new tech and I am somewhat reluctant to spend $500.00 to try one out, but if what I read is accurate they are worth the money.

You will spend more than $500 unless it’s a really low Ah battery and only 12 volts.
My 36v, 200ah LiFePo2 was $1600 with an additional $400 for the shipping and another $400 for the 3 chargers I bought.  Making the total order $2400.
I’ll be writing updates in my boat thread and maybe here after I get it in 2-3 months (if the buttheads at FedEx don’t lose it again).  So keep your eyes open.

filetandrelease

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 04:13 PM »
 Mac I’m sorry you didn’t get delivery, but  I’m sure somebody who now has it  appreciates your purchase

Mac Attack

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 05:01 PM »
Mac I’m sorry you didn’t get delivery, but  I’m sure somebody who now has it  appreciates your purchase

Yup
Like Bob, you too are a funny funny guy.

8)

filetandrelease

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 05:16 PM »
Yup
Like Bob, you too are a funny funny guy.

8)
[/quote
 Not being funny just realistic , nothing just disappears , and I did say sorry

Mac Attack

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 05:42 PM »
I know
Just bustin

And don’t think I don’t agree with you.
That 36v battery would make an awesome golf cart battery.

filetandrelease

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 06:04 PM »

I would have liked to see how it performed

taxid

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2021, 06:14 PM »
There are tons of threads on this topic already on here. Search function is your friend.

Are you sure?  :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2021, 06:16 PM »

:nono:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.