FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lithium Ion Deepcycle Battery  (Read 4505 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Lithium Ion Deepcycle Battery
« Reply #30 on: Jun 04, 2021, 07:30 PM »
Estimated.  8 hours actual with 2 lead acids linked together was no problem at all.  These were cheap tractor supply deep cycles. 

bigt

« Reply #31 on: Jun 05, 2021, 10:50 AM »
I would call tech support for which ever brand and model trolling motor you have and ask them if you can use a Lithium battery. When I called Minn Kota about using a single 24 volt Li Ion for my Terrova I was told not to use it at the max speed for any length of time. The Terrova is designed to operate with a reducing charge over a long period. The Li Ion batteries give 100% power until there is nothing left and will burn out the motor if at max speed, but it would be ok at a lower set speed when I am not drawing max power. (Hope this helps.)

Mac Attack

« Reply #32 on: Jun 05, 2021, 11:28 AM »
I would call tech support for which ever brand and model trolling motor you have and ask them if you can use a Lithium battery. When I called Minn Kota about using a single 24 volt Li Ion for my Terrova I was told not to use it at the max speed for any length of time. The Terrova is designed to operate with a reducing charge over a long period. The Li Ion batteries give 100% power until there is nothing left and will burn out the motor if at max speed, but it would be ok at a lower set speed when I am not drawing max power. (Hope this helps.)

This is correct and sound advice!!!
It overheats and burns out the control board.
Same thing to keep in mind if you are using an aftermarket prop like the Kipawa prop.  They push more water than the stock prop and cause the motor to draw more current.  So don’t operate at the highest settings for longer periods of time.  How long is too long?  Who knows!  Err on the side of caution.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.