FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Skinneateles info  (Read 2208 times)

greensider

Skinneateles info
« on: Mar 19, 2022, 08:58 AM »
I am seeking information on the small launch at south end of the lake I have a 17 foot  aluminum boat and we as wondering if the water there is deep enough to get my boat out to the lake thanks in advance

UglyStik

Re: Skinneateles info
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2022, 04:29 PM »
There are two at the south end. The Glenhaven has slips across the street and should have no issue. if you follow the outlet up a quarter mile or less, the town of Scott park has a small launch. I used to do it with a small boat. If you had a trolling motor thwt would be ideal. Depth finder may be good too. I did it at night a few times with my passenger on the bow with a flashlight guiding me, but don't reccomend doing so.

greensider

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2022, 05:17 PM »
I think first place mentioned is closed but may try Scotts I have a bow mount boat it 17 foot but will sit in less than 8 inches of water at rest thanks for response

UglyStik

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2022, 07:18 PM »
Launch has an honor box for payment, guy from across the inlet watches closely and will come over often to claim it. He is nice to chat with, though. Water should be high this time of year, not sure if it is all open water yet.

greensider

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2022, 07:37 PM »
I read that park is named after him because he drowned while ice fishing

UglyStik

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2022, 08:56 AM »
I got curious about what you said. found this:
https://www.talkvietnam.com/2019/02/skaneateles-lake-drowning-ice-angler-died-doing-what-he-loved-doing/amp/
He did apparently drown, I recall the incident being on the news. Didn't know he was the launch guy. Park is not named after him, maybe they named the launch. RIP to him and his family.

greensider

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2022, 10:47 AM »
Ahh ok I read they had something for him at park I thought I remembered a dedication

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2022, 07:13 AM »
Greensider if you get out id love a report of the launch conditions.  Have a 19ft stratos and have always wanted to fish there.

greensider

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2022, 08:30 AM »
Was planning on this weekend but man this weather is crap 15 here this morning with couple inches of snow if I go I will post

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2022, 03:40 PM »
Well, not to be a …whatever…..but it’s Skaneateles.

It’s not “skinny” at all.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2022, 03:42 PM »
Hahaha I kept checking page waiting for that ! 😁😁😁

greensider

« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2022, 03:43 PM »
Hopefully this wind lets up before weekend it's been whistling though our windows all day we are at 1500 feet we always feel it up here

greensider

« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2022, 06:51 AM »
Water was reading 1.5 feet on fish finder from launch to mouth entering lake I had no problem getting out with main motor just idled out caught about 70 6 inch perch froze our butts off I really wish the weather people would get at least a little close to what it's actually going to be

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.