FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mississinewa  (Read 5487 times)

bherr24

Re: Mississinewa
« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2022, 06:34 PM »
I tried for a little bit this afternoon near 688 area. Water was dirty and nobody was there. Did manage to find some crappie though in one eddy. Caught 12 or 15 before it dried up. Not real big so i tosses em back in. Couldnt buy a bite in the other usual eddys i tried. Big warmup comin end of the week hooefully thats the ticket.

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2022, 07:52 PM »
Yeah 70's to 80's! Watch us go from winter to summer just like that!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bherr24

« Reply #17 on: Apr 21, 2022, 08:33 AM »
Fished same area as sunday last evening. Water had cleared nicely and was beginning to backup from lake. Found crappie in 2 slack areas off steep banks. Kept 12 nice ones but prolly caught 40 total. All were close to the bank couldnt get a bite if i got out of the slack water at all. No white bass were caught either. Big warmup comin now should really help as ling as rain dont mess it all up. Ill be back out either tonight or saturday morning. Good luck.

indianahooker

« Reply #18 on: Apr 22, 2022, 05:30 AM »
was way up river yesterday.  found a corner with wood and they were stacked in there.  must have caught 60 or more on hair jigs.  kept my 25 and not one was under 14".  the biggest little over 17".  also caught three bass a carp and a few whites.  kept the 2 bass that were 12-13" the other was 14.5".  if the rains aren't too bad ill hit it again this afternoon.

the bass got me wondering something.  river and res. have different regs.  where does the river stop and res begin?  i know the res is so many acres and that must be the border line, but where is that line?

abishop

« Reply #19 on: Apr 22, 2022, 07:18 AM »
wow, nice haul.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #20 on: Apr 22, 2022, 07:55 AM »
Sounds good to me! Good job!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

bherr24

« Reply #21 on: Apr 22, 2022, 08:43 AM »
Thats a great day indianahooker. I went back last evening and the fish had moved up a ways. Kept 15 had a lot of throwbacks. This time though the white bass were everywhere. Caught 0 the night before yesterday they were everywhere.

bigr

« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2022, 05:58 AM »
It's time to mix a bag of shrooms with a limit of fish. This is a great time to get the kids out for easy fishing.

indianahooker

« Reply #23 on: Apr 25, 2022, 06:07 AM »
Saturdays catch wasn't that great. only managed 16 keepers 13-16".  caught maybe 30 all together.  i must have thinned them out the other day some.  few days and they will replenish in that bend hole. 

switched it up yesterday.  hit the river below sali.  got my limit of eyes but it took5 hours and lots of walking. i did split the time between shrooms and fish though. found 4 tiny blacks and thats it. left them there to grow up(if cold nights coming dont get them) most fish were shorts but kept them from 17-22".  caught several bass and a few crappie. snagged a big sucker in the back and it ran me all over. lol  going back to the up river spot today if rains arent too bad.  if it rains like it says it will be toast for several days.

i kept the sucker and fried it.  its kind of work to "gash" the fillets.  the meat was great though(as some have posted here).  ill definitely keep the next one. :P

bigr

« Reply #24 on: Apr 25, 2022, 08:36 AM »
Glad to hear your getting some very nice sized fish. One suggestion when posting size details you might want to also post a photo. 16 to 17 inch crappie are near trophy size in most indiana waters and are not a common catch and certainly not in numbers. Keep up the good work and keep letting us know how your doing.
Saturdays catch wasn't that great. only managed 16 keepers 13-16".  caught maybe 30 all together.  i must have thinned them out the other day some.  few days and they will replenish in that bend hole. 

switched it up yesterday.  hit the river below sali.  got my limit of eyes but it took5 hours and lots of walking. i did split the time between shrooms and fish though. found 4 tiny blacks and thats it. left them there to grow up(if cold nights coming dont get them) most fish were shorts but kept them from 17-22".  caught several bass and a few crappie. snagged a big sucker in the back and it ran me all over. lol  going back to the up river spot today if rains arent too bad.  if it rains like it says it will be toast for several days.

i kept the sucker and fried it.  its kind of work to "gash" the fillets.  the meat was great though(as some have posted here).  ill definitely keep the next one. :P
was way up river yesterday.  found a corner with wood and they were stacked in there.  must have caught 60 or more on hair jigs.  kept my 25 and not one was under 14".  the biggest little over 17".  also caught three bass a carp and a few whites.  kept the 2 bass that were 12-13" the other was 14.5".  if the rains aren't too bad ill hit it again this afternoon.

the bass got me wondering something.  river and res. have different regs.  where does the river stop and res begin?  i know the res is so many acres and that must be the border line, but where is that line?

Jig_Head

« Reply #25 on: Apr 29, 2022, 06:05 AM »
Glad to hear your getting some very nice sized fish. One suggestion when posting size details you might want to also post a photo. 16 to 17 inch crappie are near trophy size in most indiana waters and are not a common catch and certainly not in numbers. Keep up the good work and keep letting us know how your doing.
That's wayyy nicer then I was gonna put it lol

fishinator

« Reply #26 on: Apr 29, 2022, 06:47 AM »
That's wayyy nicer then I was gonna put it lol
I'm guessing none actually made it to tape, just looked like 16" and 17".  It's a haul for me to get there but I have done it several times. Never saw fish of that quality any time I have been there.

bherr24

« Reply #27 on: Apr 29, 2022, 08:18 AM »
Ive had some killer days in the spring there and caught some hogs but can honestly say i have yet to reach the 16 mark. First 16 i catch will be mounted. Ive come close i have caught 5 or 6 over 15. This year has been tough for me...mostly weather related im sure. Ive caught fish and some solid ones at that but i havent got into the school of tanks this year like i did a couple times last year.

indianahooker

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2022, 07:13 AM »

well i don't know how.  i looked back to see photos in your posts BIGR.  looks like you have never posted any.  so why are you expecting me to?  ?  looks like pictures haven't mattered on this site for years. lol

Ive had some killer days in the spring there and caught some hogs but can honestly say i have yet to reach the 16 mark. First 16 i catch will be mounted. Ive come close i have caught 5 or 6 over 15. This year has been tough for me...mostly weather related im sure. Ive caught fish and some solid ones at that but i havent got into the school of tanks this year like i did a couple times last year.

16s are there if you probe long and deep enough.  i get several every year.  i do fish all over the state though.  I didn't catch it but I've seen a 22" come from Indiana waters.  i know pics of hogs have been posted on here.  taxi posts about 16"+ coming into his shop too.  so, many people catch them each year.

indianahooker

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2022, 07:20 AM »
was up the river again yesterday afternoon.  the bite was hot lost track of count.  kept my 25 fish.  biggest was 15.5 smallest kept was 13.  had something big but it took me into the treetop and got hung.  id guess it was a catfish, carp, or bass.  could been a gar but they usually pop off after a short fight.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.