FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crawlers  (Read 5964 times)

Perch-Pirate

Re: Crawlers
« Reply #30 on: Apr 09, 2022, 08:29 AM »
Question for you worm pickers…all the worms I see on my driveway are really small. Very rarely do I see one bigger than a trout worm.
Are you guys finding night crawler sized worms on pavement?

greensider

« Reply #31 on: Apr 09, 2022, 08:46 AM »
Finally my yard has lots of holes open from last night I will be out there tonight

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #32 on: Apr 09, 2022, 09:36 AM »
Question for you worm pickers…all the worms I see on my driveway are really small. Very rarely do I see one bigger than a trout worm.
Are you guys finding night crawler sized worms on pavement?

Sure do! The park entrance road and parking lot were littered  with them the other morning.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #33 on: Apr 09, 2022, 09:50 AM »
Hmmm…I have nightcrawlers in my yard, lots of them. I guess they are happy where they are in the grass and aren’t looking to travel…

skinny40

« Reply #34 on: Apr 09, 2022, 10:08 AM »
During the middle of night I get tons of crawlers on the pavement. By morning they mostly disappear leaving the red worms behind. After sun up I look for parking lots with curbs that they can't climb back into the grass. Corners with leaves are hot spots. I don't do it to save cash. I just do it cause I've been doing it since the 1900's and just don't know any better.

62 & Done

« Reply #35 on: Apr 09, 2022, 11:00 AM »
I'm gonna have to try that. My back is getting too old to bend over for hours.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #36 on: Apr 09, 2022, 11:24 AM »
During the middle of night I get tons of crawlers :P on the pavement. By morning they mostly disappear leaving the red worms behind. After sun up I look for parking lots with curbs that they can't climb back into the grass. Corners with leaves are hot spots. I don't do it to save cash. I just do it cause I've been doing it since the 1900's and just don't know any better.
Well since your 122 years old, I’m not sure your back will make it much longer either way…. :P

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #37 on: Apr 09, 2022, 01:15 PM »
Most of the park I go to ( a mile away) is soccer fields. Light rain brings up the little ones. A good soaker brings out the big ones.

I only keep them till the end of May or so. Beyond that I’m either carp fishing or have the fly rod in hand.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

greensider

« Reply #38 on: Apr 09, 2022, 03:56 PM »
I used to live by Vassar college they had a farm garden area people rented spots that place was incredible for crawlers

taxid

« Reply #39 on: Apr 09, 2022, 04:26 PM »
Well since your 122 years old, I’m not sure your back will make it much longer either way…. :P

:rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #40 on: Apr 09, 2022, 07:08 PM »
I used to live by Vassar college they had a farm garden area people rented spots that place was incredible for crawlers

My grandfather was in maintenance at Vassar when it was still all girls school..   After high school I lived in an apartment up the road on Roosevelt ave..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

greensider

« Reply #41 on: Apr 10, 2022, 05:10 AM »
Lol my family has worked there in maintenance for years omg maybe we are related

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #42 on: Apr 10, 2022, 05:57 AM »
Lol my family has worked there in maintenance for years omg maybe we are related

:o :o. Sent ya a pm..  ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

62 & Done

« Reply #43 on: Apr 10, 2022, 08:16 AM »
Was going to go out and get some last night but fell asleep on the couch and woke up at the stroke of today. I decided I'd give them a break.

greensider

« Reply #44 on: Apr 10, 2022, 09:48 AM »
Same thing happened to me lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.