FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Seneca Nation walleye season  (Read 3230 times)

Prchmike

Seneca Nation walleye season
« on: Apr 19, 2022, 09:26 PM »
Does anyone know if the walleye opener on the reservation at Allegheny is still the first Saturday in May or May 1st like the new state opener.
fishermen are born honest, but they get over it..

Mac Attack

Re: Seneca Nation walleye season
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2022, 10:42 PM »
The season opener is still the same

But be sure to get a SN fishing license if you will be chasing fish in their waters.

Good luck!

fishinjohn

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2022, 03:09 AM »
The seneca opener has been may 1st for a few years... they reformed their season dates appx 5 years ago...
Walleye/pike may 1st-March 8th

gotagetm

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2022, 11:22 AM »
Just got my res license few weeks back 60$ for a year from date of purchase
Ben

Angola Fish

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2022, 06:19 AM »
My fish are all the same size - bite size

Pequod1

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2022, 06:35 AM »
After reading this and talking to friends that were there, I’ll never buy a license for the rez. Sorry Ben, I will not support them.

gotagetm

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2022, 08:13 AM »
No biggie Jim I just got it to go with John sometime

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2022, 08:15 AM »
After reading this and talking to friends that were there, I’ll never buy a license for the rez. Sorry Ben, I will not support them.

Good for you.  Ill buy a license ill never use to make up for yours. Also if you pay federal taxes you support them plenty.  Thank you!

fishinjohn

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2022, 09:58 AM »
Jim I totally respect that choice... however you should get more informed before making that decision...
2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT TRIBES HERE...
The reservation license for down this way allows you to fish SENECA WATERS..
The situation on onieda is most definitely a HOT TOPIC and I FULLY AGREE with the NON natives opinion on how that situation has unfolded.. I'm most definitely not up and up on the treatys that were put into place way back then, and that certainly plays a big factor here..
The Seneca have their own laws and regs too...
Senecas are allowed to take as much fish as they want... no seasons..no limits.. however only on reservation land
Plain and simple...
HOWEVER....They have their own hatchery that they run!!! The eggs and milk all come from eyes out of kinzua reservoir....
I love to fish the reservation waters... I'll pay them whatever it costs, the same as my buying my P.A. license amd SOME of the cost gets put back into hatchery for costs of operation

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2022, 10:03 AM »
Wow unacceptable. Akwesasne rez, is a unique place with little to no restrictions coming from Canada, heard many a story about smuggling from a guy I played lax with.

These actions hurt many and need to stop. Gives the goofy militia supporters fuel for the fire.
Internet heros give it a rest!

TomFish

« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2022, 01:18 PM »

And who do you think "them" is? You won't buy a license for the Seneca res because a guy from Akwasasne speared fish?  ::) ::)

62 & Done

« Reply #11 on: Apr 22, 2022, 03:09 PM »
Was wondering how long it would take this thread to fire up. It certainly didn't take long.   As for what's going on, I think every comment on this subject has some merit.   I personally don't have a lot of info on the different tribes and their laws but I do tend to agree that it sucks when a people can fish, hunt ,trap, (whatever you call it) with a total disregard for our laws but we are required to obey theirs.
      That's my $.02 and I'm stickin to it.  I feel really bad for the law enforcement officers who were forced to look like pigeons and allow this crap to take place without so much as a slap on the wrist.

Old Timer

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 2022, 05:33 PM »
I understand it was not people from the Oneidas, Onondagas or Senecas that were at the hatchery.  However, It was surprising to me, with all the press it got, than not one of the local tribes spoke up during the heat of the event.   

Old saying “blood is thicker than water” must have been the case for  Scriba Creek.   

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #13 on: Apr 22, 2022, 06:19 PM »
i say lets  go to  court !  the  DEC  was  told  by their  superiors  to stand  down .....you know  why  ?  the state  doesn't want this to go to  court  because  the treaty is a legal and  bidding agreement ,the  state  will lose ..... you make  a  agreement  with  people  do the  right thing and  honor it
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Yotecatcher

« Reply #14 on: Apr 22, 2022, 06:38 PM »
Wasn't he supposed to have a court date on 18th or 19th of this month? No mention of the outcome anywhere.
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.