FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Happy Memorial Day... Fishing and fuel...  (Read 642 times)

LundProv

Happy Memorial Day... Fishing and fuel...
« on: May 30, 2022, 08:11 AM »
Good morning and Happy Memorial Day to all...  So many great memories of people who have sacrificed and paid their life forward to make our lives better and we are grateful.  Been a little too focused on yard work lately with some intermittant fishing here and there...  Crappies are still active and willing to play catch out back with a common 1/16th oz jig/twister brought in slowly...  The bite is very subtle with those sneaky little fish are biting light and making you really focus on whether or not they are on.  My son fishes all over the place and a comment he made while on the phone with him this AM, made me think.  He told me he hit lake michigan out of portage yesterday and had luck with 4 cohos and one steelhead but there were only 4 cars/rigs in the parking lot at the boat launch.   Wait... 4 cars/rigs?  Beautiful weather and Memorial day weekend?  Lake Michigan?  So, is the price of fuel keeping people home?  Is the price of fuel making folks think twice about venturing far to fish?  I have primarily fished the back yard mainly because of time.  Usually by now, I have made the rounds at Stone, Pine, Flint, Loomis, Koonce, Bass, Max and Upper Fish lake.  I suppose if I had time, I would have done as usual and it looks like time will allow this in the near future.  But for now, I am wondering, if the cost of fuel is keeping you closer to home regarding your fishing patterns.  What say you?  Enjoy this day and God bless America...

wallin

Re: Happy Memorial Day... Fishing and fuel...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 09:04 AM »
Not going to stop me, can you go find the Perch and report back lol
Happy Memorial Day and Fish On
Wallin

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 11:51 AM »
Cost of fuel may keep some at home, out here water levels may keep people at home as lots of reservoirs are so low, see places that don't have many ramps open due to low water.

rivereddy

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 12:56 PM »
You'd never know on the local... It looked like kayak city from one end of our paddle to another.  We only took one vehicle so
the plan was to paddle upstream until we ran out of "gas" and then float and fish back. The water was up and stained and I
was concerned about how rough the upcurrent paddle would be.  Not a problem.  the 15mph south wind blew us upstream
and we had to work a little to get back.  Mostly paddling, I caught one nice black crappie and, right in front of a couple
of fishing kayaks that looked like battle ships, the wife puts a 16" dandy brown fish in the net... a good morning

fish on,

rivereddy

wally13

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 02:40 PM »
HAPPY MEMORIAL  DAY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.